Low Tire Pressure?

bman198

Okay so I was wheeling a few weeks ago and aired down. Once finished I filled back up to 35 psi which is how I have always ran my tires. Since then I haven't been able to get the "low tire" warning to turn off. My Dad has had the same problem with his and he set his to 40 psi just to try to get it to turn off. Any idea what the issue could be or what the sensor turns off at?

check all the valve stems. One may not be tight and letting air escape or maybe damaged. I had this same issue about 4 months ago and it was a valve stem.

R/
Will

Jiblet

You may need to drive over 15mph for up to 20 minutes to get the system to cycle through all the reading.

Jiblet

I did drive even after putting them at 35 psi. I will try over inflating and let you guys know. Thanks!

Are you getting a single chime at start up plus a solid warning light or is the warning light flashing?

IIRC, the flashing light would indicate a bad sensor.

bman198

Are you getting a single chime at start up plus a solid warning light or is the warning light flashing?

IIRC, the flashing light would indicate a bad sensor.

It is the chime when I start it up plus the solid light while driving, no flashing.

Jiblet

It is the chime when I start it up plus the solid light while driving, no flashing.

And have you check the pressure in the spare?
I've heard people say the spare sensor isn't read (because it's not rolling) and also I've heard it is read. Easy enough to check.

Could also try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes to reboot the systems.

bman198

And have you check the pressure in the spare?
I've heard people say the spare sensor isn't read (because it's not rolling) and also I've heard it is read. Easy enough to check.

Could also try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes to reboot the systems.

I don't have a spare at the moment.

Top Bottom