RubyAnns Build Thread

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Greetings everyone!
Well after owning my baby for a year now, i think its about time i get involved and make myself a build thread. Shes becoming a wayalife and i wouldn't have it any other way! In June 2013, I made a ridiculous decision for a 21 year old kid and i dropped 15 grand down on a brand new Jeep. I wouldn't have it any other way. Im the proud owner of a 2013 JKUR 10th Anniversary Edition. Anvil and red leather with a 6so manual trans. Color matching flares and hardtop.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1402613738.578777.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1402613804.949937.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1402613848.736641.jpg

As much as it killed me to cut her open, i couldn't resist. I started small and added some trek armor seat covers to protect the red leather as i don't have the cleanest profession. Then added some cargo nets!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1402613927.711630.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1402613941.496661.jpg

Then it was time for some serious work.
I added some LEDs on the A pillars and a 50in up top

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1402614016.506655.jpg

I planned out an aux fuse and relay box and set up my switches on the a pillars. Ran the wires and a couple extra for my two extra switches i have.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1402614091.498250.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1402614105.957434.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1402614118.886047.jpg

Planning a lift and 37s soon!

JKFlyer

Very cool Greg and glad u r loving WAL. Just be true to other people on this forum. At my Suds N Grub u committed to buying some stuff...one if my friends dragged a soft top/frame out of his attic for you and drove over an hour to meet up with you based on your committment to buy and you never showed up or had courtesy to even say you weren't coming...just that u may not be there on time. You just disappeared and recently resurfaced. Just be good to your fellow WAL crew...that's all.

Continue to enjoy the Jeep!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Congrats Greg! Looking forward to what your going to do with it! I love the hood you have and kinda wish I had one cause it is sexy

Sent from my iPhone

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
JKFlyer, i actually was looking through old threads earlier today trying to find the thread to that meet. My grandmother passed the day of the meet and i had family affairs that day. I was looking for the user that was going to be bringing the top because i owed him an apology. I felt terrible not showing and had no way to notify anyone as per i moved and no longer had internet for the time being. By the time i got it i had honestly forgot about it. I owe that member a huge apology and hope it didn't trash my name here at WAL. It was an unfortunate situation and i do apologize to that individual

The hoods what sold it to me honestly! :)

Hopefully ill be ready for RC soon!

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Got my tires! 37x13.5r17 toyo open country MTs

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1402627058.474474.jpg

Still need to officially pickout a setup. So far I'm thinking...

Rock Crawler 3.5 Mid Arm Flex System
Teraflex VSS Nitro shock kit(until i can afford bilsteins)
Rancho Dual Steering Stabilizer Bracket
Bilstein steering stabilizer 5100 series x2
Synergy 1.75" spacers
Smittybilt XRC fender flares
Rocker Krawler 3" bumpstops

And the toyos will be mounted on Pro Comp Alloy Series7036 17x9

Opinions?

pvanweelden

Nice jeep! Good job on the relays and fuse panel, but I would quickly get rid of the twist wire nut connector. :thumbup:

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKFlyer

JKFlyer, i actually was looking through old threads earlier today trying to find the thread to that meet. My grandmother passed the day of the meet and i had family affairs that day. I was looking for the user that was going to be bringing the top because i owed him an apology. I felt terrible not showing and had no way to notify anyone as per i moved and no longer had internet for the time being. By the time i got it i had honestly forgot about it. I owe that member a huge apology and hope it didn't trash my name here at WAL. It was an unfortunate situation and i do apologize to that individual

The hoods what sold it to me honestly! :)

Hopefully ill be ready for RC soon!

Sorry to hear about ur grandmother. That's sad. I passed your sentiments on to that guy with the soft top. Water under the bridge. Good luck with your build bro

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Nice jeep! Good job on the relays and fuse panel, but I would quickly get rid of the twist wire nut connector. :thumbup:

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

The twist connector is only temporary! And its only on the grounds! Nothing hot lol

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Can i get someones opinion! Ive seen online the RK X factor system moves the rear axle back an inch to back it off the pinch seam and the flex system does not. I plan on running 37s. Is the 500 dollar difference worth the inch?

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Can i get someones opinion! Ive seen online the RK X factor system moves the rear axle back an inch to back it off the pinch seam and the flex system does not. I plan on running 37s. Is the 500 dollar difference worth the inch?

Others have had problems with bowed coils and clearance issues. I don't think it's worth it. Maybe other people who had these issues might chime in.

Beyrgut

I have a RK 3.5 Flex and haven't noticed any issues with the coils bowing. Granted I don't do any of the fun crawling that happens out west. I run 35s right now with stock fenders with no issues and if/when I jump to 37's I should only need to trim the fenders.

dwest80

Got my tires! 37x13.5r17 toyo open country MTs

View attachment 87371

Still need to officially pickout a setup. So far I'm thinking...

Rock Crawler 3.5 Mid Arm Flex System
Teraflex VSS Nitro shock kit(until i can afford bilsteins)
Synergy 1.75" spacers
Smittybilt XRC fender flares
Rocker Krawler 3" bumpstops

And the toyos will be mounted on Pro Comp Alloy Series7036 17x9

Opinions?

Who did you buy your tires through if you don't mind me asking. I've been searching everywhere for a decent price for 285 75R17 Open Countrys!

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
This right here sounds like a lot of money for nothing gained:

Save your money, get a good alignment and possibly look at a way of beefing up the steering box bracket to a double shear. Then you're actually getting some performance from your steering.

Top Bottom