Passenger side rear brake/turn signal not working.

FrankenJeeper

A friend of mine is having trouble with his brake/turn signal not working on his 2007 Sahara 4 door.

I've replaced the bulb, checked the fuse, and followed the wire up the passenger side all the way to the passenger seat checking with a test light and its not getting power.

The running lights and reverse lights are working properly.

I noticed when I slammed the front passenger door shut, that the blinker flashed on and off for about 2-3 seconds so that makes me think there's a break in the wire or a bad connection somewhere.

Is there a usual problem area with this I could check? Any advice on where or what to check/look for?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Z796C using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
It should be easy to find if it's shorted. Just use your meter and test from power pin to ground/body or frame.

WAYALIFE APP 🍺

Charlie Mike

It's only the passenger side break light that isn't working? Drivers side break light is working fine?

Have a friend push down on the brake pedal for you, and meter the leads.
A. If you get a 12v reading, I'd probably say your lamp is not seated properly. This has happened to me before. Clean the leads and try seating the lamp again. (This is assuming you are 100% sure your lamp is good).
B. If you do not get 12v reading, start to meter from the fuse end and just keep on working your way back. Metering at every connection to the tail lights. If it's a loose or bad connection, you should be able to narrow down it's location this way.

FrankenJeeper

Odd thing is today I swung by my buddies house to do some checking and it started working correctly again. So I guess its fixed until it stops working again.

jhires

A friend of mine is having trouble with his brake/turn signal not working on his 2007 Sahara 4 door.

I've replaced the bulb, checked the fuse, and followed the wire up the passenger side all the way to the passenger seat checking with a test light and its not getting power.

The running lights and reverse lights are working properly.

I noticed when I slammed the front passenger door shut, that the blinker flashed on and off for about 2-3 seconds so that makes me think there's a break in the wire or a bad connection somewhere.

Is there a usual problem area with this I could check? Any advice on where or what to check/look for?

Thanks in advance!

When my 2013 was new it had a faulty connector at the light on the passenger side.

Unplug the connector and inspect it for bent, broken, or corroded pins.
Try squeezing the connector tightly together.

Top Bottom