Rear diff issue - hopefully someone can help me avoid the dealership

Mikead40

So I know there's another thread out there with the same issue - but I tried the fix the worked for that guy, and I'm still having an issue.
At 13k miles my 2013 JKU rubicon rear diff has stopped unlocking. I've taken the diff cover offer, manually unlocked it, cleaned it out very thoroughly and refilled it with RP 75w-90. Everything looked normal inside - (however I haven't exactly seen a lot of diffs.) I then re-engaged the locker and now it still won't unlock. I know I can manually unlock it through the diff fill port, and I know I can try reverse figure 8s etc etc etc - what I'm wondering is if anyone else has had this issue and what the problem ended up being. Or - if anyone knows something else I can try to do at home to solve the problem. I really really really don't want to have to bring it to the dealership, but if I do, I'd at least like to have a good idea what it is that's likely causing the problem.

jeeeep

Hooked
x2 let warranty take care of it - you keep jacking with it and they'll deny it because you jacked with it....

Mikead40

Yea I know...the thing that sucks is that I've had my wife's grand Cherokee in there for repairs under warrantee twice and both times they've created more problems then they've solved...that whole situation is still a mess. So hence my reluctance to go there with my JK...but it's looking like I'll have to.

Silver Rubicon

Yea I know...the thing that sucks is that I've had my wife's grand Cherokee in there for repairs under warrantee twice and both times they've created more problems then they've solved...that whole situation is still a mess. So hence my reluctance to go there with my JK...but it's looking like I'll have to.

I get why you don't trust the mechanics at that dealership, but is it possible to take it to another Jeep dealer? Even if it's inconvenient to drive a bit further, you'll at least avoid the incompetent techs from your current dealer.

Top Bottom