Track bar mount fail!

Bacon

In the process of installing my new 3" Rancho lift. I took my track bar off and found this. WOW. So glad I found it in the garage on stands and not at highway speeds with my wife and kids in with me. How I haven't had DW as a result of this is beyond me. I knew this thing was wheeled before I got it, but who reinstalls a TB with the mount looking like that?!

ForumRunner_20140613_110027.jpg

LoPo

Caught the Bug
Just put some tussin' on it, let it get down in that metal.

If you don't know the reference:

but in seriousness, duct tape it..

no really, that's messed up, glad you found it before it became a much larger issue while on the road.

Bacon

now, what should I do to fix it?
1) have it all cut off and have a new OEM bracket welded back on? or
2) beat it back into place, then get a new bolt on bracket that reinforces it? (I'm leaning toward this)
3) please don't tell me to get a whole new axle ie. PR44 or the like, it just ain't in the cards....

Rancho

Caught the Bug
1 with a heavy duty aftermarket option. These are known to fail.
There are a lot of companies that make a weld on version.

I am also prone to 3 too. :)

now, what should I do to fix it?
1) have it all cut off and have a new OEM bracket welded back on? or
2) beat it back into place, then get a new bolt on bracket that reinforces it? (I'm leaning toward this)
3) please don't tell me to get a whole new axle ie. PR44 or the like, it just ain't in the cards....

jeeeep

Hooked
wow!! well that also speaks to the strength of the one side but good that you caught it when you did!

you know, if you get the PR44 you'll get a new free bracket with it, price out just a housing and see how much :thumb:

otherwise I'd cut it off and weld a new bracket on - Synergy makes a good HD bracket

you might try contacting your insurance company and see if this is covered. I was talking with my service manager and he said he has replaced two axles on the same Jeep for a similar problem and it was covered under the owners insurance.

R/
Will

Bacon

you might try contacting your insurance company and see if this is covered. I was talking with my service manager and he said he has replaced two axles on the same Jeep for a similar problem and it was covered under the owners insurance.

R/
Will

that's pretty cool! unfortunately, I only have liability on my Jeep. it's a rebuild and it's lifted. no need to pay for insurance they're going to deny me anyway right?

JKbrick

I have the JKS weld on bracket and it has holes for stock location and a higher hole if you ever do a flip kit, and it reinforces the upper ca mount also. It fit like a glove

gradymeister

Synergy makes a really good bracket. My stock bracket was cracked all to hell and the steering was sloppy. Steers way better now. This one is bolt on. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1402805069.966969.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1402805086.000569.jpg

Top Bottom