Parts list!

DBats

Hey Everyone! I figured I'd throw this up on here to get opinions for when I start to build-up my first JK.

The Jeep: 2012 Wrangler JK 2Door Sport, Automatic, White.

The Parts:
-Rancho 4-inch Long Arm Lift
-Smittybilt SRC Stinger Bumper
-Smittybilt XRC Rear bumper w/Tire carrier
-Smittybilt XRC10 Winch
-50-inch Rigid lightbar mounted above the windshield w/
two dually floods mounted at each of the A-pillars
-15x10 series 98 rockcrawler wheels, black
-35x13.50r15 Open Country MT tires
-4.88 Gears front/rear
-Smittybilt XRC Flat Fenders
-J.E Reel 1310 Front/Rear Driveshafts
-Dynomax UltraFlo Cat-back exhaust
-Bilstein 5160 Resevoir Shocks
-Rancho Oilpan/Rear Diff covers

Let me know what you guys think! This is my first JK and I defintely want her to be a head-turner while being capable off-road.

Thanks! -Drew

I'm not sure if that is one of the 15" wheels that will work on the JK....

What type of wheeling do you do?

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

DBats

From what I've read most steel wheels will fit over the calipers in 15's, and I've seen a few JK's with those wheels on them, I'm defintely a fan of the old-school more tire less rim type look.

As for my prefence when wheeling I like moderate, technical type stuff. In terms of Jeeps I've owned an 06 TJ, but not for very long and never really did anything with it. I'd basically like to hit a trail, maybe climb over a few rocks without having to worry about bashing anything up too bad :)

Good list, might make sense to get our shocks (and MAYBE sell them?) to get the rebate?
http://www.gorancho.com/promotions.php

I have seen threads in the past with what 15" will work with a JK.
Message Discount Tire, they should know.

I agree but wouldn't sell them. As a 5160 owner and guy who has installed and then test driven a set of RS9000xl shocks on an otherwise similar build. The rancho shocks rode better.... To me anyway. I understand this is subjective though.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

BlackKnight

From what I've read most steel wheels will fit over the calipers in 15's, and I've seen a few JK's with those wheels on them, I'm defintely a fan of the old-school more tire less rim type look.

You may be right, I think the article I read was talking about Aluminum rims, not Steelies. Definitely make sure to test clearances before dropping all the money on them, unless you have a company with a great return policy..

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
15's will work with enough back spacing. the 4" backspacing 15" wheels i tried before didnt work but thats not saying others wouldnt.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
15 inch Procomp 98s are what my buddy is running on his 08 rubicon. Did not need to grind the calipers.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

DBats

Good list, might make sense to get our shocks (and MAYBE sell them?) to get the rebate?
http://www.gorancho.com/promotions.php

I have seen threads in the past with what 15" will work with a JK.
Message Discount Tire, they should know.

That promotion is sweet, but I dont think I'll be able to take advantage of it, I'm deployed right now won't be back until October (when I'm starting the build). Does Rancho still make those RS9000XL Pro-Series shocks? The ones with the resevoir?

Rancho

Caught the Bug
No longer. Sad Panda. :doh:

That promotion is sweet, but I dont think I'll be able to take advantage of it, I'm deployed right now won't be back until October (when I'm starting the build). Does Rancho still make those RS9000XL Pro-Series shocks? The ones with the resevoir?

DBats

And as for the shocks it's been a long back and forth battle between the Bilsteins and Fox 2.0's. I ran the Bilsteins in my truck for a while and they held up great, but my buddy has a set of Fox's and he swears by them.

Top Bottom