RK X-Factor Control Arm Setting Q

Hey everybody,

I'm in the middle of installing a RK lift for a friend. Their directions give me arm length starting points and they tell me to use the center of the bolt hole to measure. The problem is the RUCA is designed in a manner that the joints are always in misalignment.... Should I measure the distance from the inner eyes or outer? There is about a 1/2" difference.

I'm inclined to measure form the center-line but wondered what you other RK runners have done.

Thanks in advance

J-Bird

Paws

Hope the rest of the install went well. Have any pics? I have the max travel 3.5 and it's been a great lift so far.

Last edited:

Serg5000

I went center hole to center hole. Some of the direction are lacking clarity. As most do out there.

Hope the rest of the install went well. Have any pics? I have the max flex 3.5 and it's been a great lift so far.

Unfortunately no. We finished up pretty late last night and everyone just wanted a shower and bed.

I went center hole to center hole. Some of the direction are lacking clarity. As most do out there.

Yes, it amazed me that the kit came with a novel sized direction packet yet seemed to only cover things that were obvious and didn't need clarity.

Her Jeep handled nicely and I was surprised how smooth the ride was given RK and Fox's stereotype of being a firm combo. This said her Jeep is still otherwise stock so it is light and the softer section of the coil isn't fully compressed.

All in all I would prefer to NEVER install another RK lift. This was my 5th lift install this year but my first RK install. The arms are a total PITA to adjust! The starter measurements were WAY off which only put emphasis on this. I knew RK stretched the rear but I didn't realize they did this to the front as well. Why? The bad thing is you are forced to do this because they will not adjust to anywhere near the stock length. I also didn't like that most of the grease zerks were in places that are sure to get torn off on the trail. The quality of the parts was all good, but the design itself seemed poor when compared to others I've worked with and installed.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom