Check your EVO sliders.

LoPo

Caught the Bug
I noticed mine had pushed/flexed into my tub on both sides. Hopefully this doesn't become too common. Last few times out I've had the full weight of my jeep on them though. Those malls are rough!
1402770263217.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
The jeep body is on rubber mounts and pretty sure that's what flexed into your sliders. How much gap did you leave between them and your body before you welded them? Rock skins would help

LoPo

Caught the Bug
The jeep body is on rubber mounts and pretty sure that's what flexed into your sliders. How much gap did you leave between them and your body before you welded them? Rock skins would help

Not sure, ORE installed them so I think they have a predefined standard. Yea rock skins would help but wouldn't work with my shittybilt front fenders.

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

GCM 2

Correct, this is what causes the damage to the body. If the EVO sliders did flex, they would bend and stay bent. If your sliders are not bent, then its just your jeep's body compressing the rubber frame mounts. Also, the slider tubes will more than likely deform (have a dent in the tubing) before they would bend to the point contacting the body. Not saying the sliders can't bend, but it would be obvious as they would not return to their original shape.

Last edited:

Serg5000

Correct, this is what causes the damage to the body. If the EVO sliders did flex, they would bend and stay bent. If your sliders are not bent, then its just your jeep's body compressing the rubber frame mounts. Also, the slider tubes will more than likely deform (have a dent in the tubing) before they would bend to the point contacting the body. Not saying the sliders can't bend, but it would be obvious as they would not return to their original shape.
So your saying it's not possible for the tube to flex then flex back to it's original shape? or real close?.

FrankenJeeper

I second Greg's statement, if the sliders themselves flexed into the body, they more than likely would not spring back I to their original position. Once DOM tube bends it tends to stay there.

Sent from my Z796C using WAYALIFE mobile app

BlackKnight

So your saying it's not possible for the tube to flex then flex back to it's original shape? or real close?.

The steel that they are made of would not return to an unbent state. Steel that will return to an unbent state if a much different manufacturing process and also would allow too much flex I the slider.

Sent from my Apple personal messaging system using WAYALIFE mobile app

travisk

If the EVO sliders did flex, they would bend and stay bent.

This is not true. All steel will deflect and rebound to an extent. You can see this when you run DOM through a tube bender. You always have to go a few degrees past your intended bend because the tube will bounce back.

I don't think it would be possible to make a slider that stands unsupported a foot off of the frame and doesn't deflect just a little bit.

Here's a demonstration. The tub might be flexing a little bit as well, but the sliders are also clearly giving slightly to the weight of the vehicle on the rock.

Sorry about the video. This guy obviously got lost on the way to Starbucks.

Last edited:

T&ERun

LOSER
I would have to agree with Greg. I had to watch the vid twice, but I noticed as well, that the tub (body) is moving as a whole. The slider seems to stay put. Hard to tell though .

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I have to agree with Greg. Look closely from 0:42 - 0:50. You can see the entire Jeep shake on the body mounts. The slider isn't moving at all.

Last edited:
Top Bottom