G2 Core 44

Jiffy05

I would not waste my money on that axle. For slightly more the pro rock 44 would be a better deal because from what I am reading the tubes on the G2 are the same thickness as the regular D44 and they will just bend with big tires.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
I would not waste my money on that axle. For slightly more the pro rock 44 would be a better deal because from what I am reading the tubes on the G2 are the same thickness as the regular D44 and they will just bend with big tires.

Don't plan on wasting any money on it. When the time comes I'll be going with a PR44. Just comparing prices and options, since I've never called Dynatrac to price a PR44 to the penny. I won't call them until I'm good and ready to order. The G2 is just something new I saw when I opened the catalog

Jiffy05

Don't plan on wasting any money on it. When the time comes I'll be going with a PR44. Just comparing prices and options, since I've never called Dynatrac to price a PR44 to the penny. I won't call them until I'm good and ready to order. The G2 is just something new I saw when I opened the catalog

Oh okay. :thumb: It looks like it could be nice if it would be a little bit thicker in the tubes.

turbineguy

Partially true. The G2 and stock are the same tube wall thickness, but the G2 is 3" diameter tubing vs stock 2.5" diameter. This does add a lot of strength as far as bending.

However the Dynatrac Prorock regular and unlimited are stronger.

The Core 44 has 3 x 0.250 tubing (reference: http://www.quadratec.com/products/52467_0000_07.htm

Other specs via Dynatrac. http://www.dynatrac.com/pdfs/ProRock FAQ_revK.pdf

Stock JK Axle 2.5” OD x 0.25” = 1.0
Stock JK Axle with 2.0" OD x 0.25" sleeve on inside of tube = 1.35
Dynatrac JK Trail Series – Stock JK Pumpkin with re-tube to 2.75" OD x 0.375" = 1.79
Dynatrac ProRock 44 Standard Axle Tube 3.0" OD x 0.3125" = 2.13
Dynatrac ProRock 44 Extreme Duty Axle Tube 3.0" OD x 0.5" = 2.82

Using my excel sheet I keep handy to calculate tube strength. The core is 1.77 times stronger (more resistant to bending) than a stock axle.

Last edited:

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
Oh okay. :thumb: It looks like it could be nice if it would be a little bit thicker in the tubes.

The Core 44 tubes are 3" x 5/16" thick vs 2.5" x 1/4" thick OEM Dana 44......you can read up on the Core 44 here:

http://www.offroadadventures.com/articles/view/id/678

Personally I'm going with Dynatrac 60/80 when the time comes......I have 25k on the JKU now so when the front finally goes then I'll make the switch...

~Woodrow~

turbineguy

The Core 44 tubes are 3" x 5/16" thick vs 2.5" x 1/4" thick OEM Dana 44......you can read up on the Core 44 here:

http://www.offroadadventures.com/articles/view/id/678

Personally I'm going with Dynatrac 60/80 when the time comes......I have 25k on the JKU now so when the front finally goes then I'll make the switch...

~Woodrow~

Correcting my post above if the Core 44 is made of 5/16" instead of 1/4" (Quadratec lists one thing, the article lists another).

If the Core is 5/16th, then its exactly the same as the standard Dynatrac Prorock 44 housing at 2.13 times stronger than stock.

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
Correcting my post above if the Core 44 is made of 5/16" instead of 1/4" (Quadratec lists one thing, the article lists another).

If the Core is 5/16th, then its exactly the same as the standard Dynatrac Prorock 44 housing at 2.13 times stronger than stock.

Dynatrac is 3" tube diameter x 1/2" thick vs. 3" tube diameter x 5/16" thick of the Core 44.......Dynatrac is 3/16" thicker which would leave me to believe it is also stronger as well......8/16" = 1/2"........8/16" - 5/16" = 3/16"

~Woodrow~

Briguy114

Dynatrac is 3" tube diameter x 1/2" thick vs. 3" tube diameter x 5/16" thick of the Core 44.......Dynatrac is 3/16" thicker which would leave me to believe it is also stronger as well......8/16" = 1/2"........8/16" - 5/16" = 3/16"

~Woodrow~

The 1/2" thickness is not standard on a PR44. Its a couple hundred dollar upgrade. Not that it should matter when you're getting ready to drop 4-5k on an axle, but it does cost more for that extra 3/16"

turbineguy

The 1/2" thickness is not standard on a PR44. Its a couple hundred dollar upgrade. Not that it should matter when you're getting ready to drop 4-5k on an axle, but it does cost more for that extra 3/16"

Yep. I think people get confused between HD and Unlimited.

A regular Prorock is standard pinion separation with 3 x 5/16" tubing

Unlimited Prorock is 10 degrees separation with 3 x 5/16" tubing

HD Prorock is regular 6 degrees separation with beefier 3 x 1/2" tubing

HD Unlimited Prorock is 10 degrees separation with beefier 3 x 1/2" tubing (which is what I've got).

Front what I've seen, they usually package the HD and the Unlimited together, though its not that much more expensive. Usually only $100. I suspect most people who order it without the extra wall thickness, haven't researched.

Rancho

Caught the Bug
So one of my sales guys picked up a set of these for a Commando build he is doing with his son. No brackets, etc.
He was impressed with the "burliness" of the axles. He runs Dynatrac under his race buggy BTW.
When will they be under a rig? Not for a LONG time. He is still in the building/gathering phase. :bleh:

Top Bottom