Relocating stuff for more ground clearance

suicideking

So I was doing some hard trails a few weeks ago and getting stuck on some stuff. My friend that drives a YJ mentioned looking into relocating stuff that hangs lower than the axle. What are some ways to relocate stuff for some more clearance? Just glancing at my Jeep, looks like the shock mounts hang the lowest. I have LCA skids, but yeah, it would be better if there was nothing hanging down.

Is this one of the reasons people move to coil overs?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
well for the rear axle you can get the rock star skids which raise up the shock mounts 1.5" for the added clearance. as for the front i assume the skid is good enough.

GCM 2

Is this one of the reasons people move to coil overs?

No, this is not a reason for running coilovers, as most coilover kits still use the same points of attachment at the axle that a regular tube shock would use. The only off the shelf commercially available high clearance kit is this one.

http://www.offroadevolution.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=EVO-LONGARM-UPGRADE

Edit: as Coz said above, an alternative to this major cost upgrade above, you can get some added clearance with the EVO Rockstar LCA skids

Last edited:

JKUndaunted

I cut the bottom of my shock mounts of and relocated them years ago. Do you want pictures? I bolted them back on before I got a welder and they have never worked loose.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using WAYALIFE mobile app

HILLZ

fit the control arm skids and if that doesn't work pick a better line.. works for me, i never get hung up. :cheesy:

Top Bottom