Code P06DD

wwood

My 2013 JKUR popped up the MIL (yellow engine symbol or check engine light) light on the dash about a month ago at only 4500 miles on the odometer.
Dropped Jeep off at dealer, they read the codes: P06DD - oil pressure control circuit and P0456 - sm evap leak.
Dealer performed a flash update as per a TSB to update the PCM and clear the P0456 code. Told me nothing was wrong, just a bogus code.
The also ordered a new oil pump, telling me the oil pump itself was fine and working properly but the pump's sensor was sending incorrect info to the computer causing a bogus P06DD code. They said the sensor could not be replaced separately, had to replace the whole pump. They somehow cleared the P06DD code from my dash and sent me home to wait for the new pump saying I could drive the Jeep normally. The P06DD code came back on the next day but I was told to ignore it.
New pump came in and was installed by the dealer 9 days later under warranty. They had the Jeep most of the day. I was not happy that my Jeep had to have the bottom of the engine removed so early in its life but they apparently did a good job. No oil leaks or other issues, Jeep has been running fine for a month since the repair, and it looks like all is well.

I have read some other posts about this code and various unsuccessful attempts to clear it. Apparently some dealers hesitate to replace the oil pump which is a fairly big job but that appears to be the correct fix.

My Jeep is lifted and has quite a few body mods but I was not given any grief about the warranty coverage.

Overall pretty happy with my first Jeep dealer experience.

Last edited:

davantalus

Thanks for posting all your findings. I hope never to find this thread in a wild search on the side of the road!

Top Bottom