another tire question

tinkering1

I'm sure this has been milked to death but I'm too lazy to search. I've got new 17x9 rims ready to go. I put a 2.5" lift on. Didn't want to go higher because of the added cost of drive shafts, brake line extensions and other things I don't even know about. I want 35x12.5 ties. I'm in a 12'. All I do off road is hunt and explore new place to hunt (which is how i've gotten stuck several times in two wheel drive truck I had before). Do any of you run 35s with this lift and your width? And what rubbing issues have you had. Also, I'm in 3.21 gears which are great with the Sahara (32") tires, at least on the highway. My jeep is a stick shift so I'm sure that makes a big difference, me deciding when to shift. I'd like to see pics of 2.5" lift set ups with 35s, and hear feedback on performance. I'm contemplating 33s, but I really think I'll just want to upsize soon as I get them if I do. HELP!!!

noroad

I'm sure this has been milked to death but I'm too lazy to search. I've got new 17x9 rims ready to go. I put a 2.5" lift on. Didn't want to go higher because of the added cost of drive shafts, brake line extensions and other things I don't even know about. I want 35x12.5 ties. I'm in a 12'. All I do off road is hunt and explore new place to hunt (which is how i've gotten stuck several times in two wheel drive truck I had before). Do any of you run 35s with this lift and your width? And what rubbing issues have you had. Also, I'm in 3.21 gears which are great with the Sahara (32") tires, at least on the highway. My jeep is a stick shift so I'm sure that makes a big difference, me deciding when to shift. I'd like to see pics of 2.5" lift set ups with 35s, and hear feedback on performance. I'm contemplating 33s, but I really think I'll just want to upsize soon as I get them if I do. HELP!!!

go 35s! you can fit them fin with a 2.5 inch lift and even better if you trim the fenders! as for 3.21 ones they are never nice! you would want 4.10s or 4.56s some time! ( ran 3.21s and 37s for about 7 months hurts the tranny)!

here is a friends jeep 2.5 on 35s

Attachments

• sj.jpg
    sj.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 333

DA RUNT

How did this get here? :idontknow: Should probably be under JK Tech. I'd move it but my admin rights aren't enabled :crazyeyes: I'd like to volunteer my services during wheeling trips I can't be a part of :thumb:

Rehearing is the best recommendation. There is a chart that shows the optimal gear ration for tires. If you google jeep jk gear ratio it comes up. Tried to post a the pic but it just gave a link. There is a thread somewhere that shows it. I have a 2011 JKUS with the 3.8L and looking at the 4:56's due to having a D30 up front. Once the axles are upgraded I am going 4:88 or 5:13 depending on which axles.

R/
Will

Last edited:

DA RUNT

Rehearing is the best recommendation. There is a chart that shows the optimal gear ration for tires. If you google jeep jk gear ratio it comes up. Tried to post a the pic but it just gave a link. There is a thread somewhere that shows it. I have a 2011 JKUS with the 3.8L and looking at the 4:56's due to having a D30 up front. Once the axles are upgraded I am going 4:88 or 5:13 depending on which axles.

R/
Will

Here you go Will, found it

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...-the-JK-Wrangler&p=21019&viewfull=1#post21019

GRNHORN

I have the 2.5 lift and run 35s. The only rubbing I have had is when wheeling on the fenders. I have cut them and have no issues with rubbing. I like everythig about the lift and ride quality. I do plan on going to 3.5 on the lift just because I want to go on harder trails and not worry as much about what I am going over.
20140316_201221 (2).jpg NH Off-Road Trip2.jpg

Panda

Cut your fenders!!!!! You'll regret spending $ on 33's, add skids- no more lift needed! Go anywhere ;) ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1403109900.685244.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1403109933.463862.jpg

GRNHORN

next time we go wheeling i will take you for a ride so you can hear it for yourself scott.

I didn't know you had the same tires. I will take you up on that. I don't mind the loud tires, to me they are supposed to be loud, its a jeep. But the bees and cockpit of a plane is a little much for me.

tinkering1

I appreciate the responses. Those look awesome!!! Definitely going with 35s. I'll regear soon as I can afford it, then look into the fender fix. Thanks again! : )

HILLZ

this is mine on 35's with a 2.5" lift. love it! and road noise isn't as bad as i thought it would be. i was a muddie virgin before i got the Summit Mud Hogs and expected them to be loud but with the windows closed there is just a gentle hum.

DSC00618.1.jpg

tinkering1

I have the 2.5 lift and run 35s. The only rubbing I have had is when wheeling on the fenders. I have cut them and have no issues with rubbing. I like everythig about the lift and ride quality. I do plan on going to 3.5 on the lift just because I want to go on harder trails and not worry as much about what I am going over.
View attachment 87883 View attachment 87884

Cut your fenders!!!!! You'll regret spending $ on 33's, add skids- no more lift needed! Go anywhere ;) View attachment 87886 View attachment 87887

I ran a 2.5 lift with 37s for a while with minor rubbing

this is mine on 35's with a 2.5" lift. love it! and road noise isn't as bad as i thought it would be. i was a muddie virgin before i got the Summit Mud Hogs and expected them to be loud but with the windows closed there is just a gentle hum.

View attachment 87916

Here's the future beast if the attachment comes through. Got the lift and front bumper/winch taken care of.... Waiting for tires, gears and maybe sliders/steps for old folks, and fenders.

Top Bottom