alloy usa button top grease fittings

Rebel JK

Replaced the old balljoints this weekend and went to grease the lowers with needle and had zero luck. The grease just flowed back out. Tried both a 16 and 18 guage needle with no luck. Anyone have experience with these?

Hack12

I recently replaced my stock ball joints with the regreaseable Alloy USA's also. I have yet to add any grease but I'm curious as to how to do it and how often it needs to get done. Subscribed and bumped!

rinkishjk

Should use a standard needle end for the grease gun. That's what my Dynatrac lowers have and I just use the needle I use for work. I fix forklifts.

Rebel JK

Pulled out one of the fittings and verified is not stuck closed. With fitting off I was able to verify only tiny amount of grease was flowing through while 95% is wasted coming back out. Install instructs indicate HD fitting included with kit but no needle fitting included.
What guage needle would be considered "standard" size? Already tried 16 and 18.

ForumRunner_20140618_193736.jpg

ForumRunner_20140618_193754.jpg

rinkishjk

Here is the one that works for me.

Attachments

• 1403176877474.jpg
    1403176877474.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 97
  • 1403176885559.jpg
    1403176885559.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 96

Rebel JK

Cool thanks rink, any chance you can put a mic on that so I can find the same OD?
Looks like I need a bigger needle lol. (insert thats what she said jokes here)

rinkishjk

Cool thanks rink, any chance you can put a mic on that so I can find the same OD?
Looks like I need a bigger needle lol. (insert thats what she said jokes here)

Here u go. Sorry it was hard to hold everything and take a pic.

Attachments

• 1403198870147.jpg
    1403198870147.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 67

Brian.243

Sounds like the detent ball on the zerk is not closing if you get grease coming out of the zerk.
I use the exact same needle greaser for my alloy ball joints
It kind of looks like your needles have a tip like a hypodermic needle but I can't tell with the covers on.
If you stick a small needle into the zerk you probably messed up the spring detent ball.
Don't put to much grease in it when you figure it out. A pump or two.

Rebel JK

Here u go. Sorry it was hard to hold everything and take a pic.

Thanks again, I'll have to grab one. I got the 2 sizes from mcmaster and both are too damn small.
As far as the ball goes it depresses and springs back fine so I hope its not jacked up.

Top Bottom