Anyone running ACE JK Rock Sliders on their JKU?

hypractv

Looking for some feed back on these. Has anyone put them to the test? Any issues? Alternate suggestions welcomed.

Looking to put them on my new '14 JKUR.

Thanks!

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Looking for some feed back on these. Has anyone put them to the test? Any issues? Alternate suggestions welcomed.

Thanks!

I thought about them only for the fact they stick out enough to use as a step. From what I hear, they cause hangups due to the low design and they stick out from the body rather far.

pastorwug

Having just returned from the Rubicon run where my rock rails were used constantly I can HIGHLY recommend the EVO Rock Rails. They are bullet proof and kept me from a ton a trouble against the rocks.
I don't know anything about the ACE brand but I can tell you now from experience the EVO ones work, and the far majority of Jeeps on the Rubicon run used them. :2thumbsup:

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
They aren't bad, I got a set sitting in my garage I need to sell. They are more of a step and nice looking combined with factory Rubicon rails. They served their purpose when my kids were small and needed a step. But swapped them out for evo sliders.

Ldogg

I have them on my 2door. I have seen guys pivot off of them and land on them with no issues. ACE makes OEM parts for several auto makers and they also make aftermarket parts. They are angled out more and work good a as step for kids/wife.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1403213572.878486.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1403213594.196130.jpg

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I have personally seen the results of ACE sliders flexing into rubicon rails, and then pushing the rubi rails into the tub. It wasn't horrible, but it definitely caused body damage.

Personally, I would run EVO sliders if you are fine with weld-on and want the ultimate in protection, or LoD sliders if you want a bolt-on application with more of a step. I've seen them both in action and they both get the job done.

I would stay away from tub mounted sliders.

I have the ace rail and have ran the rubicon and other difficult trails and never have had a problem with them flexing into the body. I have came down on them hard prenty of times and never had a problem

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Out of curiosity, have you taken off your Rubi sliders recently? We didn't notice the damage until we removed the Rubi sliders.

JKU EXTREME

Thanks!

A while back, I asked the same question. And the feedback I got said that the Ace sliders are good as a step but are pretty mediocre when it comes to protecting the vehicle itself. Lod rockers and Evo's are the two best options in my opinion, and a good majority of the forum members will probably agree.
Goodluck

Out of curiosity, have you taken off your Rubi sliders recently? We didn't notice the damage until we removed the Rubi sliders.

I took them off about 5 months ago to trim them when I went to 37's. And there were no problems. I will change eventually just because of the clearence difference between the ace and the evo sliders

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
Got rid of my Ace sliders due to my body mounts getting beat on badly. Put on the EVO sliders and now I hit rocks about 1/4 of the amount of time that I used to land on them due to much better clearance on the Rubicon and other trails.

Last edited:

suicideking

That's me lol! :D

Since then I've gotten rid of my Ace rails and replaced with the Evo sliders with the bend so you can use them as a step (wife insists and my knees get tweaked easily).

My main complaint about the Ace is they're just too low. I got hung up on them all the time. They did take quite a beating though. I combined them with the Rubi rails and never had any damage other than the scratches, gouges, and dents on the Ace Rails. When I took them off, I gave them a good sanding and multiple coats with Rustoleum flat black. They looked pretty good. Ended up trading them for a factory soft top.

If you're doing light trails, they'd be fine. If you're wanting to do some harder rock crawling, I'd get something with more clearance. They do make a weld on version that go up higher. Check those out.

tennesseegator

Thanks!

I had looked into them and it looks like the ones that people say are low are the bolt-ons. The weld-on versions look like they sit very similar to the evo sliders.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I think you can get the ace weld on angled up. The bolt on don't sit like this

Attachments

• 1403482276431.jpg
    1403482276431.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 209

swiber

Ace for sure I have the bolt on and plan on switching over the weld on. I have put them to the test, to the point I thought I broke them. Some dents and battle scars but no breaks.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using WAYALIFE mobile app

hypractv

Ace for sure I have the bolt on and plan on switching over the weld on. I have put them to the test, to the point I thought I broke them. Some dents and battle scars but no breaks.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using WAYALIFE mobile app

Any issues or hang ups as mentioned in previous posts? Also, any damage to the stock Rubi rails or underlying tub?

Cheers,

Adam

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Any issues or hang ups as mentioned in previous posts? Also, any damage to the stock Rubi rails?

Cheers,

Adam

To be clear, the damage I saw was not to the Rubi rails. The bolt-on ACE slider flexed into the Rubi rail and pushed the rail into the tub. The only damage was to the tub.

hypractv

To be clear, the damage I saw was not to the Rubi rails. The bolt-on ACE slider flexed into the Rubi rail and pushed the rail into the tub. The only damage was to the tub.

Thanks for clarifying. I ment to ask about the tub actually. Would take rail damage all day to save the tub / body for sure.

Flyer

I had Ace slider on my JK but did not want them on the JKU for this reason- that they can flex into the Rubi rail. I wanted DOM tubing this time too so went with Shrockworks. Had to drill into the frame a few times but it was not a big deal since I had a second set of experienced eyes to help. LOD is a great choice as well.

Top Bottom