2014 JKU Rubicon Mileage?

SteelBadger

Hi everyone,

I have searched the forums but can't quite find an answer to my question. It may be a dumb one, but......

I have a new 2014 JKU Rubicon. All stock, with 1850 miles, and I am getting far worse mileage than I did in my 2013 JKU Rubicon.

I am getting around 16.1 mpg, around town and in my 2013 I was getting about 17.5. It took barely 600 miles for the 2013 to "break in" to get that mileage. Should I be concerned about the new one? Could it still be breaking in or should I have it checked out?

I am not expecting super mileage obviously, but the difference between the two JKs in considerable in my books.

Any thoughts?

JKFlyer

I don't know if I would consider 1.4 mpg "far worse". Its a jeep...not a hybrid. Not trying to Dodge your question but that small amount could be affected just by your driving habits during that particular tank or two or if you drove more uphill etc.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKMag

i use an app to track mileage on my 14 JKUR with 3.73s and with summer gas Im getting around 18 mixed with 70% highway and 30% city. seems about right but Ive had a couple dodges and it seemed I had to get over 10k before i saw a 1mpg increase which i considered break-in.

trailless

Caught the Bug
I think you're worrying too much. I was getting right around 17.5 mpg in the city after break in. Before break in, I was getting around 12-13 mpg, the first 1500 miles... By 2000 miles I was up around 17.5 mpg city and highway. I cruise at 75-80mph on the highway.

Now I'm getting about 16.3 mpg at 9500 miles. I've added a dynomax evo comp exhaust, evo stinger and bumper, evo protek skids. I'm fine with that.

Also, I have a 2014 JKUR.

SteelBadger

I think you're worrying too much. I was getting right around 17.5 mpg in the city after break in. Before break in, I was getting around 12-13 mpg, the first 1500 miles... By 2000 miles I was up around 17.5 mpg city and highway. I cruise at 75-80mph on the highway.

Now I'm getting about 16.3 mpg at 9500 miles. I've added a dynomax evo comp exhaust, evo stinger and bumper, evo protek skids. I'm fine with that.

Also, I have a 2014 JKUR.

Good to know. I am about to add some weight with a bumper, winch and sliders. So I a not expecting the best mileage. It was JK to JK that got me "thinking".:thinking:

BlackRubiJKU

Got 18.9 last night on the highway (mountains) with my new 5.13's installed. I'm running 37" Wild Peaks. My wife is got 22mpg on the same trip. Cruise set to 65mph.

trailless

Caught the Bug
Thats better than I ever got with a stock JKUR with 3.73's... I guess the only answer is to move to be 37"s and 5.13's!!! :D

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKFlyer

Got 18.9 last night on the highway (mountains) with my new 5.13's installed. I'm running 37" Wild Peaks. My wife is got 22mpg on the same trip. Cruise set to 65mph.

Same 5,13s w 37s. Sweet spot for best mileage for me is 55mph. ...prolly 17-18ish. At 75 it goes down several mpg. 2010 automatic

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

BlackRubiJKU

Yeah I agree. 55-65 is a sweet spot. If I run 70 or above it goes down to around 15 mpg. At 65mph my jeep runs right at 2500 rpm, which is the high end of the green "eco" line. Also, with my new gearing my jeep downshifts less while going up hill, which seems to help a lot.

Top Bottom