rear swaybar question

TJM12

I recently upgraded my rear brake lines and wanted to add longer rear swaybar arms to hopefully increase rear flex. After getting everything installed I realized that on the driver side rear, the new longer swaybar arms were rubbing the tire. So I decided to remove the whole swaybar until i get some wheel spacers. Everything seems fine on road but last weekend i went wheeling and my rig that was always pretty predictable offroad felt very tippy to me, in fact I almost tipped in a heavily rutted out trench on the trail we were on. I'm wondering if this was coincidental or what happens with no rear swaybar.
I have friends that run no rear swaybar and say they haven't noticed it offroad. I'm a bit concerned because I'm going wheeling with my club tommorow and am worried about tipping. What are others experiences with this.

BadApple

Both front and rear has been off mine for over a year. I have gotten very used to driving it. The only reason i put my front one on is if I'm going to be going freeway speeds. Other than that the average speed limit is about 45.

TJM12

Both front and rear has been off mine for over a year. I have gotten very used to driving it. The only reason i put my front one on is if I'm going to be going freeway speeds. Other than that the average speed limit is about 45.

Does your rig feel stable offroad?

StrizzyChris

The stock rear sway bar is super soft and will not limit your wheel travel. I would never run on the highway without one and yes it makes wheeling OffRoad more "tippy" and unpredictable. Having longer sway bar links, like mentioned above, will not increase your flex. It will only prevent the link from hyperexteding and inverting. Get a set of lower BS wheels or wheel spacers to clear the links(the proper way to run) and call it a successful and safe day.

Top Bottom