Popping Noise in the Rear of JK

DCTomlin19

I have had a pop in the rear of my Jeep. I do not know when exactly it started, I have just ignored it for awhile. It happens when I begin to go and I am at a dead stop. Now this does not happen all the time, but I have heard it probably three times this week, which makes me really wonder now what it is. Its just a solid pop sometimes two as soon as I take off. Any suggestions would be great, Thanks

jeeeep

Hooked
sometimes it's one too many chili dogs that give you a popping noise in the rear.... :icon_crazy:

safecracker909

Take a set of wrenches and tighten everything! I was hearing a popping noise and it drove me crazy. It ended up being one if the bolts on the rock rails was loose. Since the rock rails are tied to both the body and the frame, it was difficult to pinpoint when the popping occurred.

dwvninety

I had the same on mine. Paid local Jeep dealer $115 to find out what was causing the problem. It was the rubber isolator on the rear door that the spare tire was suppose to rest on. They just removed the wheel and rotated the rubber isolator re-mounted wheel and noise is gone.

aemery

I had the same on mine. Paid local Jeep dealer $115 to find out what was causing the problem. It was the rubber isolator on the rear door that the spare tire was suppose to rest on. They just removed the wheel and rotated the rubber isolator re-mounted wheel and noise is gone.

Dude, that sucks. I just had mine in at Huffines in Plano for spare/tailgate noise and they adjusted the tailgate. Warranty took care of it. I need to check my passenger side isolator to see if they replaced it though. I tore it the night before taking it in trying to figure out why I was getting noise.

Top Bottom