Lifter noise....3.8L....driving in sand

mjhau02

I have been on beaches of North Carolina the last few days. I have been doing a lot of driving in loose sand. I am noticing a lifter noise when driving at a steady speed. I think it is because of lack of acceleration, but wondered if anyone had experienced anything similar. Stock engine right now. Words of wisdom please.....not that I need a HEMI...at least not now. Ha! A pic for your enjoyment...Jeep + wild horses = Fun

ForumRunner_20120828_202031.png

MikeLisa

Don't know what the noise is but I've leaved in NC 24 yrs and have never been out there. Nice view!

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I have been on beaches of North Carolina the last few days. I have been doing a lot of driving in loose sand. I am noticing a lifter noise when driving at a steady speed. I think it is because of lack of acceleration, but wondered if anyone had experienced anything similar. Stock engine right now. Words of wisdom please.....not that I need a HEMI...at least not now. Ha! A pic for your enjoyment...Jeep + wild horses = Fun

View attachment 4762

are they still trying to pave a access road on the 4x4 beach and remove the horses?

mjhau02

Not that I am aware of or have heard. I will post if I find out differently. I am leaving on Sunday.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Not that I am aware of or have heard. I will post if I find out differently. I am leaving on Sunday.

jealous, we stayed at the 4x4 beach (almost to Virginia) a couple years in a row, when we lived in Ohio. Its a little far to drive from California now:grayno:

mjhau02

Yeah, I can see the fence on the border if Virgina from our gazebo. Definitely do not want to leave.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Yeah, I can see the fence on the border if Virgina from our gazebo. Definitely do not want to leave.

Damn! same area we always stayed at. You should hike up to the cemetery on the VA side. Some of the oldest graves I've ever seen. Its a hell of a hike.

Top Bottom