EVO drag link bend

Napalm90

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1403573654.188352.jpg so this was just put up on my local jeep group FB page. Happend when the driver was driving up an flex ramp. Now I could be wrong but I don't think the link is the problem, something else must have been wrong to cause that much pressure I the drag link for it to bend like that. She has also had this same issue with te factory drag link... Also isn't the EVO drag link just a factory rhd drag link? I know lots of you have this installed and wheel 10 times harder than we do out east and never had this problem....

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
View attachment 88843 so this was just put up on my local jeep group FB page. Happend when the driver was driving up an flex ramp. Now I could be wrong but I don't think the link is the problem, something else must have been wrong to cause that much pressure I the drag link for it to bend like that. She has also had this same issue with te factory drag link... Also isn't the EVO drag link just a factory rhd drag link? I know lots of you have this installed and wheel 10 times harder than we do out east and never had this problem....

If she did the same to her factory one then yeah something must be wrong. The EVO one is a RHD tie rod.

StrizzyChris

Like adam mentioned, the EVO draglink is an OEM part from Mopar thats a stock DL for a RHD JK. Gotta love idiots talking shit about a manufacturer when they have no clue what they are talking about!

jeeeep

Hooked
:thinking: it's evo, it's mopar but still evo...it failed... I must be in the missing something club

given that a ten factory also failed, wonder how much lift is on that jeep, tire size and other mods. that's a lot of pressure bearing down on it to cause any of them to bend especially on a ramp..

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Several guys ran this set up on JKX, on hardcore trails with no issues But some chick bent it on a ramp??

Really?

Where's my bullshit flag

mrmet1983

The jeep has 3" Evo coils stock control arms and no bump stop extensions I'm thinking it's over flexing or it's somethung wrong with the steering box possibly

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
The jeep has 3" Evo coils stock control arms and no bump stop extensions I'm thinking it's over flexing or it's somethung wrong with the steering box possibly

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

Nah, you need a minimum of 3" bump stops to run a drag link flip. Install error.

Top Bottom