Evo front double throwdown....

Vettethret

So I sent back all the paperwork yesterday to the guys bank that is trying to buy my SRT, so hopefully its a done deal in the next week.

For my new Rubi, I am going with EVO long Arms and the Bolt On Coil Overs. I really want to be able to dial in my ride and remember talking to EVO a while back about making the bolt on Coil Overs Adjustable so I could dial in the shock to a softer setting if need be. Its been ahwile but I thought they told me it added $1200-$1500 or so to the price of the Coil overs. That would take the front bolt on coil overs nearer to the cost of the front Double Throwdown. My question is this-

Could I run the front double throwdown set up with the bolt on rear coilovers until I had the dough to do the rear Lever system? My first round of mods will be 18k so I wont have the money up front.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
So I sent back all the paperwork yesterday to the guys bank that is trying to buy my SRT, so hopefully its a done deal in the next week.

For my new Rubi, I am going with EVO long Arms and the Bolt On Coil Overs. I really want to be able to dial in my ride and remember talking to EVO a while back about making the bolt on Coil Overs Adjustable so I could dial in the shock to a softer setting if need be. Its been ahwile but I thought they told me it added $1200-$1500 or so to the price of the Coil overs. That would take the front bolt on coil overs nearer to the cost of the front Double Throwdown. My question is this-

Could I run the front double throwdown set up with the bolt on rear coilovers until I had the dough to do the rear Lever system? My first round of mods will be 18k so I wont have the money up front.

i seen one set up like that at northridge in colorado.

trailless

Caught the Bug
You can. As you probably know, your suspension would be limited by the rear. But, as long as you're working your way to the evo lever, I don't see a problem.

I think someone that actually has the double throwdown/ evo lever will probably have a better answer though. :eek:
Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I believe if you are going to eventually run a dtd up front, you can get the front brackets and run just a coil over till you can get a bypass shock. And that jeep had bolt on on the back. That thought crossed my mind also. The dtd up front looks awesome, never ridden in one so can't comment on the ride.

Vettethret

Yes you can but if you're using the DTD enough the rear won't keep up.

Honestly Im not into the fast stuff, more the intermediate trails. I know the Full on set up would be overkill but thats ok. I figure since its not a big difference in price, why not go with the Front DTD now and adjustable bolt ons in the rear. Since I wont be doing fast desert stuff, I figure I wouldnt over load the rear bolt ons. I always have my dogs with me so I am really trying to dial in the street ride as well. I want the best ride possible, and from what Ive seen Eddie post, the DTD is superior to the Bolt Ons as far as ride is concerned.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Honestly Im not into the fast stuff, more the intermediate trails. I know the Full on set up would be overkill but thats ok. I figure since its not a big difference in price, why not go with the Front DTD now and adjustable bolt ons in the rear. Since I wont be doing fast desert stuff, I figure I wouldnt over load the rear bolt ons. I always have my dogs with me so I am really trying to dial in the street ride as well. I want the best ride possible, and from what Ive seen Eddie post, the DTD is superior to the Bolt Ons as far as ride is concerned.

If you're not going to use the bypass to it's full potential then don't get it. Maybe the front DTD bracket with single coilover and rear EVO lever with single coilover is a better option for you. It'll save you money and give you the option to upgrade in the future if you want to. If you get the rear bolt ons there is no upgrading. You'll have to start over and sell just the rears.

MTG

Caught the Bug
If you're not going to use the bypass to it's full potential then don't get it. Maybe the front DTD bracket with single coilover and rear EVO lever with single coilover is a better option for you. It'll save you money and give you the option to upgrade in the future if you want to. If you get the rear bolt ons there is no upgrading. You'll have to start over and sell just the rears.

^this.

Skip the bypass shocks and upgrade when the need arises (if ever) and funds appear. :thumb:

Vettethret

Why are you trying to crush my dreams?:daydream::cheesy:

I'll be taking a trip to EVO shortly. I just figured at least with the front done I can always upgrade the rear. I know I would be somewhat screwed trying to sell just 2 of the rear coil overs. I thought with this set up I may have a better on road ride with the DTD up front until I could get to the back:beer:

SDG

Caught the Bug
As Adam said the cost is not that much more for the DTD and only a single shock setup. Thats what I did. Keeps me from going too fast till I have better axles.

ttfhell

As Adam said the cost is not that much more for the DTD and only a single shock setup. Thats what I did. Keeps me from going too fast till I have better axles.

And you drive a ford. Coincidence? I think not.

sean.m.adams33

This^^^

This is what I will be doing very soon here.

SDG

Caught the Bug
Take the F, put it at the beginning...Take the B turn it into an O... Take the P and turn it into an R... Take the S and turn it into a D... :cheesy:

Hey now... king shocks are made out of kings... real kings... like Louie the 16th... they will round house kick your mom in the mouth.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Hey now... king shocks are made out of kings... real kings... like Louie the 16th... they will round house kick your mom in the mouth.

All I read was this post. And I'm dying now :D:D:D

2014 JKUR

JAGS

Hooked
And you drive a ford. Coincidence? I think not.

Take the F, put it at the beginning...Take the B turn it into an O... Take the P and turn it into an R... Take the S and turn it into a D... :cheesy:

These posts all have me rolling. 😂😂

- Jason

sean.m.adams33

Explain this to me. What is the benefit of this vs a bolt on Coil over if you don't have the extra shocks? Is this still a single coil over? I've never heard of this before?

It is already set up to add in the bypass shocks when I can afford it. Single coil over with reservoir. All mounts are welded in and ready to go. SDG has this setup also as you can see from the above post. DTD is expensive. I have to do it in pieces.

Top Bottom