JKUR NEW Bumper time. HELP MEEEEE

Mitrig

hey guy looking to buy new bumpers (both front and back) I was wondering what the best ones are for my money. I don't want to blow a s*** load of money on this. I would love to buy used if i could to save myself some money. In my area this seems to be the only one i could find that was for sale was

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-other-auto-p...ers/605355704?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

I do like the rubicon X bumpers but are they really that expensive? I have never had any experience buying anything like this but i know pricing for an aftermarket bumper is far cheaper.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well, these are bumpers off a 10th Anniversary Edition Rubicon and I'm sure they will fetch a premium but really, what they're asking is just stupid! As you seem to know already, you can get SOOOOOOO MUCH MORE for what this guy is asking and I personally would recommend you look at an aftermarket solution.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I agree they are nice, but not that nice! Tons of other options out there and way less expensive. Money saved means more mod money for other things.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
They are nice but at that price are they filled with gold? :doh: I would look after market save some money. :yup::twocents:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
x10 with what everyone else said. i like the 10a bumpers but this guy is asking you to sell your soul for them. hell for that price im 90% of the way to a PR44

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Also on the 10a if you decide to add a winch, get ready to add another couple hundred bucks. The mopar factory winch plate is 400 bucks.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I found that same bumper for just over a grand using google. I won't post the site because it is on one of the questionable companies trying to take advantage of WOL. But I would not pay that price for a bumper. Then add in the winch and necesarry winch plate.... good lordy that is a lot of money.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Look on Craig's list. I saw one in Cheyenne for 150 bucks. I should have bought it for a trail spare.lol

Mitrig

Yea I know I'd have to add a bit to toss my winch on it. I do love the look and set up of these bumpers but the issue is anything I buy shipped to Canada costs me a leg and a half. Shipping my suspension and all it's parts cost me 200 plus 200 Cod for the duty. So now I ship to the states but when I cross back to Canada I have to pay taxes on the parts since you can't hide them. Which is 13%. Fml right? So I have to find a used one to avoid shipping and taxes.

If anyone's sees something pop up in the Michigan area I am willing to drive ahah. I'm headin to silver lake in a few weeks so hoping to pick it up and install while there so I don't worry about bringing anything over.

If anyone can recxomend a bumper combo that won't cost me the price of a set of 35s I'd love that becuase I need new tires too ahah

Mitrig

They got a few for sale at a very popular auction site called e-_ay.

That's the catch that site makes me exchange currency at a ridiculous rate 88cents to the dollar last I checked. I did check the .ca one and prices were stupid. I'm going to Hassle this guy into realizing they aren't gold plated.

Man I wish I stilled lived in the states just for the prices ahah.

Mitrig

They are likely priced that way so as to soak your insurance company should you rear-end someone. That's all I can come up with.

Well being priced that high is stupid. I'm guessing for him to have taken them off means he knows something about moding so I'm going to play the poor student card and hope he drops it to soemthing realistic

For the price he is asking you can get the full LoD package, front bumper, rear bumper and sliders. Sure it is not a 10A Rubicon bumper but what it is, is 3/16 steel that will provide dual recovery points front and rear and protection for the pinch seam and body going over obsticals.

I did notice the items for sale are in Canada so that maybe the reason for the high price, import tax.

R/
Will

Mitrig

For the price he is asking you can get the full LoD package, front bumper, rear bumper and sliders. Sure it is not a 10A Rubicon bumper but what it is, is 3/16 steel that will provide dual recovery points front and rear and protection for the pinch seam and body going over obsticals.

I did notice the items for sale are in Canada so that maybe the reason for the high price, import tax.

R/
Will

Yea man the same product here gets marked up for import taxes so 13% taxes plus te exchange rate so to have it sent to my house for soemthing that would cost you 100 American would be 150 for me plus cod duty charges ontop of that like I said Canada sucks that's why I need used :(

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Yea man the same product here gets marked up for import taxes so 13% taxes plus te exchange rate so to have it sent to my house for soemthing that would cost you 100 American would be 150 for me plus cod duty charges ontop of that like I said Canada sucks that's why I need used :(

Are you close to the boarder? Try to find a member near there and ship it to their house... then come pick it up. I lived in Barbados for ten years, believe me I know import taxes cna be a pita.

2014 JKUR

Mitrig

Are you close to the boarder? Try to find a member near there and ship it to their house... then come pick it up. I lived in Barbados for ten years, believe me I know import taxes cna be a pita.

2014 JKUR

Yea I know a few who are in Colorado ahaha not in Michigan I live an hour from the border I just need to befriend a few Michigan jeeper ahah and buy them with a case of beer ahhaha

Matador

Some people on Kijiji here in Canada ask stupid money for things. I know when I sell stuff I try to be fair and realistic. Most parts are 25% more expensive up here. I know I saved over $1200 buying my wheels and tires in the USA. I would find a place in the states and buy there.

terrabit

Well being priced that high is stupid. I'm guessing for him to have taken them off means he knows something about moding so I'm going to play the poor student card and hope he drops it to soemthing realistic

I'm just sayin, that's what they do. I remember reading that the facia, meaning all that plastic shit, on the front of a Jeep GC was like $7k. Seriously, how much do you think that cost to manufacture? And that's what gets hit even in a small bumper ding.

Mitrig

I'm just sayin, that's what they do. I remember reading that the facia, meaning all that plastic shit, on the front of a Jeep GC was like $7k. Seriously, how much do you think that cost to manufacture? And that's what gets hit even in a small bumper ding.

Yea I know. I'm in school for mechanical engineering so I know the ins and outs of manufacturing especially since were I live used to be the Hub for all gm ford and chysler manufacturing an assembly. Actual unit price is pennies on the dollar, inflation is the taxes, tariffs, and regulations that have to be paid which in my opinion shouldn't be there but nothing we can do. I found a bumper that meets my requirement 4 hours away DIY for 200 or pre fabed. For 400 so just goin to weld it all together when it comes in

Top Bottom