CB external speaker recommendation?

Fragsrus

Well, I think the title pretty much says it all. I am looking for any recommendations for an external speaker to hook up to my Cobra 19 DX IV. I am not sure why, but even at full volume I can barely hear it over the noise of the engine, tires, etc.

And on a side note, any suggestions on where to mount it in a JKU?

Last edited:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I've seen it mounted on the sound bar behind the drivers head. The guy hid all of the wires from there to the cb mounted above his rear view mirror. No data on what kind of speaker though. Try rightchannelradios. They may have good recommendations

2014 JKUR

bnatt78

I have mine mounted right above the mirror and I just went to a local cb
Radio store and pick up a small speaker for what I believe if I remember right for less than ten dollars.
Sent from my SM-N900P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Fragsrus

I've seen it mounted on the sound bar behind the drivers head. The guy hid all of the wires from there to the cb mounted above his rear view mirror. No data on what kind of speaker though. Try rightchannelradios. They may have good recommendations

2014 JKUR

I have the cb mounted above the rear view mirror. I have seen them on the speaker bar before, and that may be where I end up putting it. I just thought I would see if anyone had found a better spot. Thanks for your replies.

I have mine mounted right above the mirror and I just went to a local cb
Radio store and pick up a small speaker for what I believe if I remember right for less than ten dollars.
Sent from my SM-N900P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

biggy

Mines hidden in the roll bar . I cut 3"x3" piece out of the padding and stuck it in and covered it back up with the cover . It's right above my left ear completely hidden.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Fragsrus

Mines hidden in the roll bar . I cut 3"x3" piece out of the padding and stuck it in and covered it back up with the cover . It's right above my left ear completely hidden.

Well that's an interesting idea. I hadn't thought of something like that. Thanks for the idea. I will take that into consideration.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

SaddleTramp

I did the same thing, works great right in the corner behind my left ear. Sorry, not the best pics but all I have on my phone. Mine is just a cheap "road pro" picked up on amazon but works and sounds great.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1403945763.720352.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1403945788.987796.jpg

rodgerdathug

Hate to hijack but how the sound quality with that with the door or roof off. I do a lot of highway and was wondering if it works?

Living it one day at a time
Dirty disabled veteran
WAYALIFE mobile app

biggy

Hate to hijack but how the sound quality with that with the door or roof off. I do a lot of highway and was wondering if it works?

Dirty disabled veteran
WAYALIFE mobile app

It's still difficult to hear a highway speeds but certainly an external speaker makes things easier. They are well worth it.

SaddleTramp

Dirty disabled veteran
WAYALIFE mobile app

Can't say for sure, just got it hooked up about a month ago and too damn not in Vegas now to run without top/AC. My guess would be that it is fine, I constantly have to turn it down and have no problems hearing it over a loud (well loud stock, :cheesy:) stereo. Great thing is keep the foam piece that you cut out and if it doesn't work for you it would be easy to just glue that back in. I think the speaker was about $9 on amazon and I ordered the 3.5mm plug extension wire from them too and spliced it in to make the connection to the radio.

Top Bottom