ATX Ax194 Vs AEV wheels brand new Jeep JKRU

bkac

Caught the Bug
Hey Guys,
I just bought a 2014 JKRU this afternoon after several days of pushing for a great deal and I feel I did. Picking it up in the morning. I got a 2014 Unlimited Rubi Copperhead

Options: Rubicon, Auto, 430N, seated seats, 4.10's, remote start, Black Hardtop, tow, auto AC. all that MSRP 41,995 and I walked out at $36,100 out the door even got a great rate too. I feel that a little hard work paid off for me.

My next question is I am bringing it home tomorrow and in the garage it goes for the upgrades. How much should I be able to sell my 5 Factory tires and wheels for? I was thinking around $1250ish

My next question is I'm in between the AEV Pintler matte black or the ATX AX194 matte black. Does anybody have any reviews on the ATX wheels? They seem a bit cheaper and I like the look. I'm looking for a great ride, agreat wheel, and something that won't put so much stress on the wheel bearings. I think I'm doing a AEV 3.5sc with 35's unless I'm convinced to go another route. Any advice would be great before I dive in deep.

Thanks and I'm glad to be back in the family. It's been a little over a year!

Hello form Oregon! :)

Sharkey

Word Ninja
The best advice I can give is to research and drive some lifted jeeps before spending your money. Enjoy your new ride in the meantime.

ATX makes some great wheels and, for what it is worth, I think you can do a lot better than the AEV lift.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Pintlers have been known to crack, even the new updated ones. I'm thinking of atx 195 fir the wife's jeep, and just bought slabs for mine. Really nice rims

MTG

Caught the Bug
Amazingly
Expensive
Vehicles

Welcome to wayalife! :standing wave:

Enjoy your new jeep.

bkac

Caught the Bug
The best advice I can give is to research and drive some lifted jeeps before spending your money. Enjoy your new ride in the meantime.

ATX makes some great wheels and, for what it is worth, I think you can do a lot better than the AEV lift.

I need some advice here. My wife is going to drive this Jeep with my kids quite often so I need something that will ride/ steer great. I had a Long Arm on my 2011 JKU but don't want to cut anything on the frame yet being brand new. What 3.5"-4.5" lift should I look at? I don't mind spending the $$ for great performance and handling. I would love to here some opinions on this subject.

Thanks

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Ride is very subjective. I personally don't like TeraFlex springs. They are too stiff for me. Although I have not ridden in an AEV 3.5, I know at least one person who got rid of his AEV because the progressive springs bucked him when driving off of ledges. I also know the drop brackets lower your clearance which defeats the purpose of bigger tires, and the brackets themselves flex sideways which isn't good.

I have personally installed and driven, on road and off, two EVO Enforcer lifts with 2.5 King piggyback shocks. The springs are softride springs. I highly recommend you at least consider it as an option. Plenty of members here have the lift so you can get a lot of feedback, including about other shock choices.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Ride is very subjective. I personally don't like TeraFlex springs. They are too stiff for me. Although I have not ridden in an AEV 3.5, I know at least one person who got rid of his AEV because the progressive springs bucked him when driving off of ledges. I also know the drop brackets lower your clearance which defeats the purpose of bigger tires, and the brackets themselves flex sideways which isn't good.

I have personally installed and driven, on road and off, two EVO Enforcer lifts with 2.5 King piggyback shocks. The springs are softride springs. I highly recommend you at least consider it as an option. Plenty of members here have the lift so you can get a lot of feedback, including about other shock choices.

Edit: and you don't need anything near 4.5" of lift to run 35" tires.

jeeeep

Hooked
Hey Guys,
I just bought a 2014 JKRU this afternoon after several days of pushing for a great deal and I feel I did. Picking it up in the morning. I got a 2014 Unlimited Rubi Copperhead

Options: Rubicon, Auto, 430N, seated seats, 4.10's, remote start, Black Hardtop, tow, auto AC. all that MSRP 41,995 and I walked out at $36,100 out the door even got a great rate too. I feel that a little hard work paid off for me.

My next question is I am bringing it home tomorrow and in the garage it goes for the upgrades. How much should I be able to sell my 5 Factory tires and wheels for? I was thinking around $1250ish

My next question is I'm in between the AEV Pintler matte black or the ATX AX194 matte black. Does anybody have any reviews on the ATX wheels? They seem a bit cheaper and I like the look. I'm looking for a great ride, agreat wheel, and something that won't put so much stress on the wheel bearings. I think I'm doing a AEV 3.5sc with 35's unless I'm convinced to go another route. Any advice would be great before I dive in deep.

I would recommend taking a look at the Clayton Offroad 3.5" entry level or premium suspension or the EVO Enforcer. IMO you'll be better off getting a suspension with adjustable control arms instead of drop brackets to correct and adjust for caster/pinion angles.

With AEV, not sure if drop brackets put any additional stress on the stock control arms but if you're lifting, why would you use drop brackets to keep the geometry correct? seems you've gained no clearance - but I haven't seen an AEV drop bracket lift to compare.

I have the Clayton (over 70k miles) and I haven't had any issues with it. I rode in a Jeep with the Enforcer and really enjoyed the ride -it felt a little softer than the Clayton but once I'm loaded down the Clayton ride feels similar and I really don't mind it as a daily driver, others who have ridden with me comment on the much better ride than their stock rigs. FYI - I did get a slightly heavier spring in anticipation of bumpers, winch, 37's some day...and LS swap.

For the price of the enforcer springs, I am considering a spring swap.

Enjoy your new Jeep and do some more research unless you already know how you will be using your Jeep? mostly DD, what type of wheeling?

Welcome back!

turbineguy

Hey Guys,

Which wheels are they?

These ones?

1404020083012.jpg

Sent from my SGH-M919 using WAYALIFE mobile app

pastorwug

I have this lift exactly and with the recent trip across the Rubicon I can't imagine the ride being better - I know it can be - but I loved how this lift performed.
The King 2.5 RES shocks are outstanding, well worth the extra price.
Get the whole package from Off Road Evolution, you'll be glad you did, they can help you over the phone with any installation questions you might have.

spinuck

Do you plan to wheel your Jeep? I bought black MT Sidebiters because they were cheaper than most, and I thought they looked nice. I wish I knew then what I know now.... the edges of the rims are all chewed up from the rocks. I wish I had just gone with ATX Slabs or Spyderlocks upfront. You might consider that before you drop a bunch of money on wheels.

Rharvey160

:)

I recently sold the ones off my new Jeep for $1000. The extra 250 would be great if the market up there will bare.

Buster3479

I have Pintlers, and haven't had the trouble with cracking the lip that the guys out west do (less big rocks here, but I'm always in them anyhow). With that said I wouldn't buy them again. They are a huge pain to balance properly, ARE NOT hub centric (that's what they were charging a premium for), and really don't seem to be worth the premium I paid for them. I'm not sure I'd run beadlocks right now, but I've been eying up a set of ATX Ravines. They look like the Pintlers, have a "protective rock ring" on them, and don't cost what Pintlers do. I think the rock ring is just a gimmick for looks, but I like the way it looks nonetheless. Either way, Pintlers or Atx, you're getting a Chinese wheel. Pintlers stopped being hub-centric some time ago, and that was the only thing that they were marketing to justify the high price. Strangely the price didn't come down when they stopped making them that way.

I bought an AEV 3.5" RS lift. I think they only thing I have left is the shocks and springs. I never got hung up on the brackets, and spent a lot of time on the rocks and trails with them. My problem was a paranoia of all of the bolt on brackets loosening up. Only one ever did, but I got tired of checking 20+ bolts at least once a month before and after wheeling a few times. For what I dropped into the AEV kit I could have done much better with the Frankenlift I have now, and wouldn't have had to spend twice.

Take it for what it's worth.

Top Bottom