Throttle Body Spacer

StrizzyChris

there was a little chat over here about them. I dont know enough to speak in any kind of certainty about them and their true impact on HP or MPG improvements

kaptkrappy

94YJBeaver started a thread about it but not a lot of info. LINK

If you Google "do throttle body spacers work?" you will get a lot of info, pro and con.

If you really go through it you will discover one thing. They do work..........
on engines that have carbs or fuel injection at the throttle body.

The JK 3.8's and 3.6's have direct port injection. I couldn't find a single dyno report that showed any positive results when installed on an engine with direct port injection. Lots of personnel "it feels like" and "sounds like" but no actual proven results.

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
I have an aFe on my 2012 and I really can't tell that it did anything expect it makes a cool noise between 2000 and 3000 RPM's, kind of like a turbo. It didn't cost me anything therefore that is why it is even on there.

Hightower

94YJBeaver started a thread about it but not a lot of info. LINK

If you Google "do throttle body spacers work?" you will get a lot of info, pro and con.

If you really go through it you will discover one thing. They do work..........
on engines that have carbs or fuel injection at the throttle body.

The JK 3.8's and 3.6's have direct port injection. I couldn't find a single dyno report that showed any positive results when installed on an engine with direct port injection. Lots of personnel "it feels like" and "sounds like" but no actual proven results.

Thx I hadn't googled it but I thought as much though thanks.:yup:

I have an aFe on my 2012 and I really can't tell that it did anything expect it makes a cool noise between 2000 and 3000 RPM's, kind of like a turbo. It didn't cost me anything therefore that is why it is even on there.

If it makes a cool noise they should sell them that way I might even pay more for that kind of result.. LOL:cheesy::cheesy:

ichthus

Newest issue of JP magazine had a nice article with engine mods; includes tested acceleration changes and MPG changes with each mod added. Throttle body spacer, I think, actually reduced numbers a bit. As noted, the 3.8/3.6 just isn't the right application

Top Bottom