Skid Plate for Catalytic Converter?

gigem86

I have seen skid plates for just about everything else, so why not one for the catalytic converter on a JK? The gas evap canister right beside it has one that is stock.:thinking:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The cats don't hang down low enough to warrant one. or, am I missing something? :idontknow:

jeeeep

Hooked
x3tough to hit and with as much heat as they generate you don't want to cover it up with a skid

gigem86

:yup: Think so.

Well, you learn something every day if you're not careful ... it appears I am talking about the resonator. I have to admit I hadn't heard of that. But, since it's not a catalytic converter it won't get as hot, and I'm still wondering why people don't armor it up? As the picture shows, it actually hangs down a bit farther than the skid around the gas evap can right beside it, and of course the gas evap can itself.

Attachments

• catalytic_converter.jpg
    catalytic_converter.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 55

TheStick

Well, you learn something every day if you're not careful ... it appears I am talking about the resonator. I have to admit I hadn't heard of that. But, since it's not a catalytic converter it won't get as hot, and I'm still wondering why people don't armor it up? As the picture shows, it actually hangs down a bit farther than the skid around the gas evap can right beside it, and of course the gas evap can itself.

I made the same mistake. Only thing I can add is I've since left it alone and been fine. One good thing. Busting it won't leave you stranded.

gigem86

I made the same mistake. Only thing I can add is I've since left it alone and been fine. One good thing. Busting it won't leave you stranded.

Yeah, I have since checked around ... they don't cost much at all either, surely less than a skid.

Thanks everyone!

Top Bottom