• King Air Bump Stops
• EVO Double Throw Down Coil Over Kit
• Dynatrac ProRock rear 80 w/ ARB Locker
• Dynatrac ProRock front 60 w/ ARB Locker
• EVO ARB Compressor Bracket
• ARB Compressor
• 1350 JE Reel Drive Shafts Front & Rear
• Spyder Lock Bead locks and 40" Nitto Mud Grapplers

This is where I am at right now. As I update the build, I will continue to modify this post to reflect what I have completed.

Last edited:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Looks great so far! How much more is the 6.4? Have any plans to deal with the over heating issues. Good luck on the rest of your build.

2014 JKUR

LoPo

Caught the Bug
PSC Tramp Stamp (installed)

In addition to the above parts, I ordered the full cage from Genright which I should get in a couple weeks. I will continue updates as progress is made and maybe do a write up on the Genright roll cage if there is any interest.

Nice. I ordered the cage too. Are you going to paint or powder coat it?

jmatta33

Looks great so far! How much more is the 6.4? Have any plans to deal with the over heating issues. Good luck on the rest of your build.

2014 JKUR

thanks! 5.7s on ebay are around $3500. 6.4s are around $7500. I plan on going with AEV conversion kit so I'll talk to them and find out what they recommend. I have until spring time until I'll be ready to make all the purchases and do the swap so I got time to figure it all out.

RLTW!!!

jmatta33

Nice. I ordered the cage too. Are you going to paint or powder coat it?

im thinking color matched paint with some black foam pads for the outside bars. I was originally planning on going matte black so it would be easy to touch up any rash and what not with a rattle can but im thinking it may be too much black. I will make the decision once its in and ready for paint though. def not powder coating though, I want something that i can touch up easy in the garage in the event of rock rash. the fenders and rocker knockers were powder coated from the guy i bought them from, I got a good deal on them, but I would have rather have had them painted then powder coated...

RLTW!!!

LoPo

Caught the Bug
im thinking color matched paint with some black foam pads for the outside bars. I was originally planning on going matte black so it would be easy to touch up any rash and what not with a rattle can but im thinking it may be too much black. I will make the decision once its in and ready for paint though. def not powder coating though, I want something that i can touch up easy in the garage in the event of rock rash. the fenders and rocker knockers were powder coated from the guy i bought them from, I got a good deal on them, but I would have rather have had them painted then powder coated...

RLTW!!!

Cool, yeah I'm painting my for the exact same reasons. The bars will get dinged from various conditions. I just need to decide what color. Leaning towards Gunmetal.

jmatta33

Cool, yeah I'm painting my for the exact same reasons. The bars will get dinged from various conditions. I just need to decide what color. Leaning towards Gunmetal.

its either black or color match for me. not much goes well with orange other than black unfortunately

RLTW!!!

jmatta33

anyone consider the genright elite coilover kit??? i was just on jeepspeedshop.com and the have it listed for $10k which is $3k cheaper than the now lowered price on genrights own page....

RLTW!!!

LoPo

Caught the Bug
anyone consider the genright elite coilover kit??? i was just on jeepspeedshop.com and the have it listed for $10k which is $3k cheaper than the now lowered price on genrights own page....

RLTW!!!

Check with them and even Genright. Gen1 of that kit was cheaper and could be bought as a builders kit and worked with OEM style axles. The current version requires that you buy specific width axles and all the components. I was interested in their rear end double triangulated 4link, but was told you can't order it without axles. I guess they require 70" wide axles. Seems silly since they had it working on OEM spec previously. I understand if since they now have an outboard CO system, you need the width, but if I already have a CO system then the arms and brackets should still work and be available as a builders kit.

jmatta33

Check with them and even Genright. Gen1 of that kit was cheaper and could be bought as a builders kit and worked with OEM style axles. The current version requires that you buy specific width axles and all the components. I was interested in their rear end double triangulated 4link, but was told you can't order it without axles. I guess they require 70" wide axles. Seems silly since they had it working on OEM spec previously. I understand if since they now have an outboard CO system, you need the width, but if I already have a CO system then the arms and brackets should still work and be available as a builders kit.

gotcha, I'll have to give them both a call to find out what the difference between the two are...

RLTW!!!

jmatta33

still waiting on the roll cage to come in, but I took some cool pics of the boards i sprayed my PS body armor on. gotta do aomething while I wait... ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1404518234.511972.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1404518246.480651.jpg

RLTW!!!

jmatta33

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1404682710.573746.jpg

all my badges are in! front quarter panels dont look so naked now. still anxiously awaiting the delivery of my roll cage...

RLTW!!!

jmatta33

Just got a few packages in! Trektop NX and my Genright Roll cage! might be a little while before I get the roll cage installed though, I still need to find a good welder to help me out... Safari doors should be in on monday also!!! ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407607304.933120.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407607316.431735.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407607326.892845.jpg

RLTW!!!

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Just tough lined the front grill today, puctures to follow after it dries!

RLTW!!!

Want to see how it looks. I was on the fence about painting mine black, but now I'm too lazy to take everything of to do it. Looking good my fellow dozer owner!

Top Bottom