Used Suspensions...Yea or Nay?

skyefalcon6

In general, are used suspensions a good bet? I don't mind used parts - have some on my heep. Just wondering if suspensions are better off new.

Granted any transaction is a 'it depends...' scenario but I'm talking general experiences from the membership.

Thanks in advance.

Emptybrass

Like you said it all depends. Somthing that is hardly used well decide for your self. Another non jeep forum I belong to uses a percent system similar to eBay.
Also if some one welches or Doesn't deliver anything other then a smooth transaction. Banned. Seems to work out and I have never had a problem. Maybe Eddie might develop some like that here. Other then that stick to paying members.

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Like you said it all depends. Somthing that is hardly used well decide for your self. Another non jeep forum I belong to uses a percent system similar to eBay.
Also if some one welches or Doesn't deliver anything other then a smooth transaction. Banned. Seems to work out and I have never had a problem. Maybe Eddie might develop some like that here. Other then that stick to paying members.

Doubtful. We are not involved in any transaction nor do I think they have a desire to be involved.

Emptybrass

Doubtful. We are not involved in any transaction nor do I think they have a desire to be involved.

Oh there's no involvement in any transaction. Just follow the rules or your not welcome. Just like when a new person posts a sale item with no or little posts. Don't welch on a deal and make sure what your offer is true and correct. No hard ;-)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
In general, are used suspensions a good bet? I don't mind used parts - have some on my heep. Just wondering if suspensions are better off new.

Granted any transaction is a 'it depends...' scenario but I'm talking general experiences from the membership.

Thanks in advance.

As mentioned, it depends on the kit in question. If you're looking at a quality kit with good rebuildable components, you're probably good to go and can save a lot of money.

skyefalcon6

As mentioned, it depends on the kit in question. If you're looking at a quality kit with good rebuildable components, you're probably good to go and can save a lot of money.

Thanks for the feedback. I've been saving my nickels for an AEV DualSport 2.5" w/ Bilsteins. Reviews from most offroading and overland forums tag it as an excellent buy for exactly my intended use: Mixed on and off-road.

Guy in my local club has this exact set for sale at a price point that makes me interested enough to ask questions of you fine people....

Top Bottom