Rock Hard Sport Cage-Front & Rear Seat Harness Bars, who's got em?

I have the Rock Hard Sport Cage but I am thinking of running the front and rear seat harness bars. I like the idea of putting in 5 point harness's as well as the added strength. I know they only tie into the pillars with three screws on each side(at least that's what it looks like). I am looking for some feedback from those who are running them? Do they take up much room? Is the front a safety issue for those who are in the back seat? Do they really add to the strength in the event of a rollover? Are they just a wast of money? I wonder if in a flop, would they give much strength to hold things together? Thanks in advance. RH-1030-RH-1.jpg RH-1030-SFH-2T.jpg

Sharkey

Word Ninja
It seems to me like you cannot fold down the rear seats with the belt bar for the front seats installed. I'm not sure if that matters to you, but it's a deal breaker for me.

Your other questions are good and I look forward to reading the answers from people with experience running the bars.

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
Is the front seat harness bar something that is "removable" in the sense that you could take it out for everyday and re-bolt it back in when you're going to go hard?

DA RUNT

I'm curious too, not that folding the seat matters cause i have a 2dr and no back seat. But curious about the strength, especially if you're gonna attach your harness to it

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Doesn't GCM2 have the bar in EVOJEEP? If so, he can answer all of the questions, including how it survived a flop. ;)

Edit: see MTG's post above.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Is the front seat harness bar something that is "removable" in the sense that you could take it out for everyday and re-bolt it back in when you're going to go hard?

I would think dealing with the harnesses themselves would be a bigger pain than the bar.

Serg5000

My son purchased one about 2 months ago. We installed it and were immediately disappointed. Yes the rear sets can fold down with this bar installed. The deal breaker was far back it sits when installed. It doesn't leave much room for passengers in the back seat incase of an accident. Our thinking was if for some reason the rear seat belt lags in restraining the occupant during an accident. That person would go crashing into the bar. It was removed minutes after installing it.

If you carry passenger in the back seat, we don't recommend it. The harness bar is still on my work bench were we left it.

pastorwug

Do most of you all recommend the Rock Hard Cage over the Or-Fab cage?
I think Eddie prefers the Or-Fab - at least he seemed to in his installation thread.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Do most of you all recommend the Rock Hard Cage over the Or-Fab cage?
I think Eddie prefers the Or-Fab - at least he seemed to in his installation thread.

Not sure where you would have gotten this impression from me but, I've run both cages and when I had a chance to install another, I chose to buy another Rock Hard cage.

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
Not sure where you would have gotten this impression from me but, I've run both cages and when I had a chance to install another, I chose to buy another Rock Hard cage.

What are your thoughts on the PSC cage? Any experience with it?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What are your thoughts on the PSC cage? Any experience with it?

Not a fan. The install is the toughest of the three and all the ones I've seen have been very squeaky. I know there are guys who've made modifications to help mitigate the squeaking but, I'd rather just go with a Rock Hard or OR-FAB as I know they work well and without squeaking.

pastorwug

DANG - you're right again, how can that be! - your quote:
"Of the options out there, I personally would recommend the one made by Rock Hard 4x4 Parts. In addition to being reasonably priced, I have found that the Rock Hard Sport Cage to be one of the easiest options to install and to be one that makes no noise."

I looked at both installation guides and I got mixed up. Old age I guess, I get lost on occasion just walking home.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
DANG - you're right again, how can that be! - your quote:
"Of the options out there, I personally would recommend the one made by Rock Hard 4x4 Parts. In addition to being reasonably priced, I have found that the Rock Hard Sport Cage to be one of the easiest options to install and to be one that makes no noise."

I looked at both installation guides and I got mixed up. Old age I guess, I get lost on occasion just walking home.

LOL!! This is NOT to say that the OR-FAB cage isn't a good one and I wouldn't hesitate to run one again, I've just found that the Rock Hard is a better buy and easier to install.

Top Bottom