CB Mount / 2014 Rear view mirror

The question is: Is the Rear view mirror on the 2104 JKUR mounted higher than previous years?

I have a Cobra 29 LX. I thought I would mount it before I get my Sports Cage using a Zebra Strike Force mount. Installed the mount without issue then went to dry fit the radio and it doesn't clear the mirror even without the mount in the way, which in turn doesn't allow me to get the radio far enough back to mount it. :doh:

I've seen this radio on this mount but it's just not fitting for me.

Any clues? or just get a smaller radio in the meantime?

2013CGJKU

The mirror on the new Rubicons are a lot bigger. You've got a couple of choices. Make a bracket to extend the mount point out a ways, wait to mount it on your sport cage, or you could always mount it on the passenger side of the center console. No reason to waste money on another CB, there are ways around this problem.

Levi

2013 CG JKU 6-speed

:doh: The mirror has 2 ball joints so I was able to adjust it just enough to get it the CB to slide in and still see out the back! :doh:

I will need to build up the underside of the CB bracket to get it to sit as high as possible on the zebra bracket but should work. :thumb:

Looks like a 6 beer job! :beer:

Got it in. I added a piece of aluminum to the underside of the bracket to raise the CB enough to clear the mirror and strengthen the bracket for the off center mount. Added a piece of rubber between the two to help with vibration hopefully.

Still touches the mirror so a test drive is in order to check for rattles. I might have to go to flat head bolts and another spacer we will see.

2014-07-02 19.31.38.jpg

2014-07-02 19.31.56.jpg

2014-07-02 19.46.18.jpg

Jeeper714

Serg5000 just installed my Cobra 29 in my 2014 JKR with the help of a homemade bracket.

No shaking nor interference with my rear view mirror.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1404358221.055298.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1404358232.424532.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1404358243.170765.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1404358257.071099.jpg

That is a nice bracket:thumb:

Mine is only temp until I get my sports cage. I just drove around looking for bumps and it is very solid so it will do for now, Just need to take it off and cut and clean the bolts and wire it up.

Serg5000 just installed my Cobra 29 in my 2014 JKR with the help of a homemade bracket.

No shaking nor interference with my rear view mirror.

Did you relocate the inline fuse? I was thinking it will be a pain in the a$$ to change if it tucked up top.

jeeeep

Hooked
Did you relocate the inline fuse? I was thinking it will be a pain in the a$$ to change if it tucked up top.

I cut the inline fuse and bought a 12 Volt Power Adapter from Quadratec, it has a mini inline fuse on it, plugs into the switched 12v lighter side, easy install and fuse is easily accessible

Still haven't wired up yet but had some free time this afternoon, So I thought I would route my antenna cable through the roll bar. Well that was a fun 2 hours.....

Took the factory subwoofer out to hide the antenna cable from the gate to the roll bar. It comes out easy IF you know what to do and where it snaps. I didn't take any pics but here goes.

1. Remove the cover where the seatbelt comes out, It just snaps out - Back and up.
2. Remove the cover between the roll bar and the right side of the top. Snaps out, work from left to right front to back.
3. There is a secret 10mm bolt (deep socket) in front of the seatbelt spool that you can access from the panel you just removed. Remove nut.
4. Remove the 2 torx bolts that hold the tie down hooks.
!Important!
5. Fold back the carpet and cover plate and REMOVE the tub liner - you need the room to slide and lift.

Now you should be able to remove the enclosure.
Lift UP and left - You must get the enclosure over the bolt where you removed the 10mm bolt, There are also 2 snap pins in the body above the speaker fore and aft that pop pretty easy.
Once it is free you need to unplug the harness before you can move it clear.

Notes:
Secure the seatbelt cover from step one up on the belt out of the way, You will see why when you reinstall :doh:
Don't forget to plug back in:doh:
When putting it back in be sure to snap it onto the 2 pins on the body or it will not lineup.:doh:

Looks great no coax in sight:thumb:

Since I have no helper and a Hardtop I tried to run a fish tape through the padding but can't get past the sound bar. so project stalled again until I can figure out how to get my hard top off by myself.

Top Bottom