help with steping upto 37s

zaid7

hey guys big hello from AUS.

well im looking at upgrading to 37s im wanting to no exactly what is needed to do i keep getting ansers like reinforcing thats great but doesnt realy help me out lol. ive spoken to my local shops and they all keep quoting me $22000 for dana 60s wich im pretty sure i dont have to run. currently i have OME 3inch lift with bushwaker flat fenders my rig a 2008 JKU manual

Evan

I just made that step about a month ago, I'm using a 4 inch lift with cut finders and have plenty of room, I have a dana 44 front with a home done knuckle gusset and have no problems. If you have a dana 30 front there are kits to bring your dana 30 to 44 strength.

StrizzyChris

If you have a dana 30 front there are kits to bring your dana 30 to 44 strength.

a couple of things about this comment....

1-The axle tubes in a dana 30 vs 44 are the same so no mods needed to make the 30 "to 44 strength"
2-The nuckles are the same so gusseting a 30= gesseted 44 in strength.
3-A dana 30 ring and pinion will NEVER be as strong as the same companies 44, and there is no conversion without replacing the pumpkin completely to make the R&P larger(which is what =strength.
4-You CAN upgrade the axle shaft spline count on a 30

What kind of conversion are you talking about to make a 30 as good as a 44?

zaid7

and again im in the same place i started... would of thought some one would be able to help seeing you all basicly run 37s or 40s on your jeeps lol

StrizzyChris

well to be honest, if running a stock axle, reinforcement is exactly what you ll need to do. But first a little more info would help us in telling you what is more likely needed to be done. 37's and you will be pushing your axle limits to the extreme. 40's and you will want to do a complete swap if your going to be pushing your rig hard.

What year is your jeep? Rubi or non? Current gear ratio in your axles? What exactly will you be doing in your Jeep? Mostly street and an occasional dirt road? Rock crawling?

Prime8

zaid7 said:
and again im in the same place i started... would of thought some one would be able to help seeing you all basicly run 37s or 40s on your jeeps lol

Chris has been trying to help you but you just ignored his first response with this snotty comment...

Prime8

zaid7 said:

You want 37's? Here's your list...
ProRock 44 front axle assembly with all the goodies (except the upgraded knuckles, you don't need those),
1350 driveshafts front and rear,
Chromoly full-circle-clip rear axle shafts,
5.13 gears front and rear,
ProCal tuner for adjusting your speedo.

Specific enough?

If you want to run 40's, you should step up to Dana 60 sized axle. With 37's you can run Dana 44 sized axles, but they need to be stronger than stock. A Dana 30 sized axle with 37's is asking for trouble, especially if you regear to a smaller ring and pinion (i.e. 5.13 gears).

zaid7

i think you should actualy read the first post chris had put up bud it does not direct any questions to me. he qutoed the other user as to his post so there was no questions asked other wise i would have ansered.

Last edited:

zaid7

well to be honest, if running a stock axle, reinforcement is exactly what you ll need to do. But first a little more info would help us in telling you what is more likely needed to be done. 37's and you will be pushing your axle limits to the extreme. 40's and you will want to do a complete swap if your going to be pushing your rig hard.

What year is your jeep? Rubi or non? Current gear ratio in your axles? What exactly will you be doing in your Jeep? Mostly street and an occasional dirt road? Rock crawling?

to ANSER the QUESTIONS you directed at me chris.

2008 JKU non rubicon manual
currently got 4.88 gears
front dana 30 rear dan 44
use car for daily driver aswell as dirt trails and rock crawling do it on a every weekend basis

my rig will be pushed medium no were near as hard as you guys do im yet to even find a track remotly as good as the tracks you run

Top Bottom