EVO tire carrier-options?

Rayz

I'm really diggin the Evo carrier- 2 questions ...how 'deep' is it- from the tailgate to the outer edge, and running it with a 35, is there any option/chance of adding accessories? hi-lift, fuel cans that sort of thing...without it looking too redneck,,, which btw is ok , just not on a 1400 dollar carrier.... :)

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
You can add a hilift to it with a 37 but you need to make a mount. Krieger did it with his.

EVO and ORE sell rotopax mounts or will be selling them. You can see them on their Facebook page. Or you can do as Eddie did for the JKX with Rubicat and mount a 4 gallon pack on the back.

ChaosNein

Dont recommend running the EVO MFG Tire Carrier with 35s, it will look too small in the carrier.

As far as the RotoPax mount, we are working on a bolt on version that should be available soon. And the HiLift can be mounted using HiLift universal bar mounts.

Christarp

I'm running a 35 on the back with mine and while it looks a smidge small, it's not bad at all though, and I plan to move up anyway :yup:. I run with the factory rear bumper in place and it fills up a lot of the space and gives it a more full look which I think helps a bunch.

As evo doesn't have their rotopax mounts out yet for it I made my own which straps around the wheel, they're not level in the picture but when you get them even and more vertical on the sides it looks much better I think. Looking forward to their bolt on rotopax holders! Still contemplating how I want to mount my hi-lift.

IMG_0640.jpg

Does anyone have a pic of how the new evo rotopax holders will look? I can't seem to find it on their Facebook page.

Edit: Also I just measured 17.5" from the flat portion of the tailgate that your stock carrier mounts to, to the outer bit of the tube.

Last edited:

Rayz

I'm running a 35 on the back with mine and while it looks a smidge small, it's not bad at all though, and I plan to move up anyway :yup:. I run with the factory rear bumper in place and it fills up a lot of the space and gives it a more full look which I think helps a bunch.

As evo doesn't have their rotopax mounts out yet for it I made my own which straps around the wheel, they're not level in the picture but when you get them even and more vertical on the sides it looks much better I think. Looking forward to their bolt on rotopax holders! Still contemplating how I want to mount my hi-lift.

View attachment 90291

Does anyone have a pic of how the new evo rotopax holders will look? I can't seem to find it on their Facebook page.

Edit: Also I just measured 17.5" from the flat portion of the tailgate that your stock carrier mounts to, to the outer bit of the tube.

thanks! it looks great- the tire could be a bit bigger but I think it still looks great, not too small at all esp with the bumper and cans and hi lift to fill it all in..

Christarp

thanks! it looks great- the tire could be a bit bigger but I think it still looks great, not too small at all esp with the bumper and cans and hi lift to fill it all in..

The cans I only keep on while I'm out and about wheeling, since they only strap on using some ratchet straps they can be stolen so I'm still looking forward to the official bolt on rotopax holders. If you need any more measurements just let me know and I'll go out and grab them.

JAGS

Hooked
Waiting for these.

I think this ^^^ is a weld on bracket and you can probably call drew and ask if they are still currently offering/installing this custom solution.

I'm interested to see the bolt on option Drew mentioned today. :yup:

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I think this ^^^ is a weld on bracket and you can probably call drew and ask if they are still currently offering/installing this custom solution.

I'm interested to see the bolt on option Drew mentioned today. :yup:

Guess I still need a carrier first:( but something bolt on in the future would be nice.

Rayz

Dont recommend running the EVO MFG Tire Carrier with 35s, it will look too small in the carrier.

As far as the RotoPax mount, we are working on a bolt on version that should be available soon. And the HiLift can be mounted using HiLift universal bar mounts.

thanks for your reply Drew..I've seen a few pics of 35's in your carrier, I think they look fine- plus it will be added inspiration to go 37's when new tire time comes around...hehe, looking forward to the mounts- having gears and lockers early august so looking for the tire carrier early next year-got to get a lift and Rubicrawler in too! :)

JKFlyer

I ran 35s w warn bumper on bottom before going to 37s. Having something there really fills the bottom space w a 35 and completes the look IMO if u r sticking w 35s

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

fadeout

I'll agree having a rear bumper with 35's def helps a lot otherwise it looks really small and unfilled. 40's look perfect in it tho:brows:

JKFlyer

35s on bittom. 37s on top

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1404355380682.jpg
    1404355380682.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 178
  • 1404355456419.jpg
    1404355456419.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 177

MTG

Caught the Bug
It would help with your Rubicon deliveries. I mean since that's as close as you get to the trail...
:cheesy:

That's true. And let's be honest, it's probably a waste considering 1) it is just going to sit in the garage anyway, since I won't have time to install it and 2) I might as well just sell the jeep and get a prius. :yup:

Then again, Mike's loop at the summit sierra mall is pretty close. ;)

Top Bottom