3" Plush Coils and existing lift components?

gtony12

Caught the Bug
I was looking for this before, but I was unable to locate if this was asked before.:yup:

I have a Rough Country 2.5" BB lift with series II system.

2.5" spacer
Brake line extensions
Shock extensions
Rear longer Sway bar links and existing moved to front
Rear Track bar relocation bracket.

My Jeep 2012 sport hard top, Rubi coils and shocks.
Winch bumper, but winch is pending.
New MT7000 Rancho Pending also

:thinking: My question is, if I was to install the 3" Plush Ride coils, Can I use the existing components: Brake line extensions, Shock extensions (temp), Rear Track bar relocation bracket, Sway bar links. and be ok, or will I need to add adjustable control arms etc. :idontknow: Any help would be good. Thank you! :thumb:

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You can definitely add the Plush Ride coils and keep everything else. However, with the taller ride, you would benefit from having adjustable front lower control arms to help set your caster. An adjustable front track bar would be nice to have as well to help recenter your axle. New better shocks would improve your ride even more but, being that you have a 2012, you would then need to start thinking about your front drive shaft. Also, being that you have a 2-door, the additional height will reduce the life of your rear drive shaft. Just a few things to think about.

I would highly consider adding Front adj. LCAs but otherwise you should be good.

Edit.... I noticed you are running stock Rubi shocks. Do you have extensions? If not you should look into shocks as well. Personally I would either way.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
You can definitely add the Plush Ride coils and keep everything else. However, with the taller ride, you would benefit from having adjustable front lower control arms to help set your caster. An adjustable front track bar would be nice to have as well to help recenter your axle. New better shocks would improve your ride even more but, being that you have a 2012, you would then need to start thinking about your front drive shaft. Also, being that you have a 2-door, the additional height will reduce the life of your rear drive shaft. Just a few things to think about.

Man you're good!..... And fast :)

gtony12

Caught the Bug

I would highly consider adding Front adj. LCAs but otherwise you should be good.

Edit.... I noticed you are running stock Rubi shocks. Do you have extensions? If not you should look into shocks as well. Personally I would either way.

:eek: WOW that was fast, Thank you. I keep going back and forth on just adding the 3" plush ride coils or biting the bullet and get the 3" enforcer kit.:idontknow: Coils are cheaper then the hole kit, or should I just save for the Enforcer kit? :idontknow:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
:eek: WOW that was fast, Thank you. I keep going back and forth on just adding the 3" plush ride coils or biting the bullet and get the 3" enforcer kit.:idontknow: Coils are cheaper then the hole kit, or should I just save for the Enforcer kit? :idontknow:

Nothing wrong with building up your Jeep piece by piece. But, if you were to just get the coils, I would look into getting a drag link flip with it or, an adjustable front track bar. Without one of those, your front axle will shift enough that it will be visible and can cause rubbing of your passenger side tire at a full turn.

Once you can afford it, I would make your next step adjustable front lower control arms. Without them, you may find your Jeep to feel a bit flighty at highway speeds.

Once you can afford it, new longer and better shocks is what I might consider getting. If you can't afford a new front drive shaft at the same time, something like a Rancho exhaust spacer kit is what you will need to help extend the life of your factory shaft. If you can afford a new shaft, that would be the better way to go.

In the long run, you will need to address your rear drive shaft and to do that, you will need adjustable rear uppers to set your pinion angle.

Again, all this can be done in stages.

Call EVO and see if they can leave out some of the parts you already have like line extensions. It never hurts to ask and might save you some coin.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Nothing wrong with building up your Jeep piece by piece. But, if you were to just get the coils, I would look into getting a drag link flip with it or, an adjustable front track bar. Without one of those, your front axle will shift enough that it will be visible and can cause rubbing of your passenger side tire at a full turn.

Once you can afford it, I would make your next step adjustable front lower control arms. Without them, you may find your Jeep to feel a bit flighty at highway speeds.

Once you can afford it, new longer and better shocks is what I might consider getting. If you can't afford a new front drive shaft at the same time, something like a Rancho exhaust spacer kit is what you will need to help extend the life of your factory shaft. If you can afford a new shaft, that would be the better way to go.

In the long run, you will need to address your rear drive shaft and to do that, you will need adjustable rear uppers to set your pinion angle.

Again, all this can be done in stages.

:thumb: OK, Sounds great Thank you for your Help Eddie. I was hoping doing in stages would be OK. One day I will be ready to WHEEL with the big boys :D

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
:thumb: OK, Sounds great Thank you for your Help Eddie. I was hoping doing in stages would be OK. One day I will be ready to WHEEL with the big boys :D

LOL!! You're more than welcome to wheel with us now. We run all kinds of trails both easy and hard :yup:

Top Bottom