2010 Rescue Green Mountain Edition JKU!! (MODDED)

Prime8

It is time to sell my beloved Rescue Green Mountain Edition for a 2013 Rubicon Unlimited. Since the Stealership is lowballing the crap out of me, I am posting it here, JK Forum, eBay, and Autotrader. Feel free to PM me with any questions or reasonable offers (or selling advice, haha). I just posted some generic photos in my driveway, please feel free to request any shots/angles you'd like to see more of. Thanks for looking!

I am selling a 2010 Rescue Green Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Mountain Edition 4x4 with ~22,500 miles. All maintenance and warranty issues have been taken care of on time and the vehicle has been extremely well taken care of. The interior is in near-perfect shape, as rubber floor mats and seat covers have been on for much of the vehicles life. The exterior is in equally great shape, with only a few small surface scratches. It has never been smoked in and I am the original owner. I bought the vehicle on Labor Day weekend in 2010, so it's just turned 2 years old. I have all maintenance records available if necessary, but the oil and filter have been changed every ~5k miles and the 35" tires have been balanced and rotated every ~3k. No rust or major damage of any kind, extremely clean.
This rig turns heads daily and I am constantly being complimented or questioned about it. It is a great vehicle and comes with ALL the original parts that were replaced by aftermarket ones (except the original BFG tires)

Stock Options:
4-Speed Automatic Transmission
Black 3-Piece Freedom Hard Top
Tow Package
3.73 Differential Gearing (comes with vehicle, but not currently installed)
Deep Tint Windows
Black Side Steps
Remote Keyless Entry
Sirius Radio (still have subscription)
3yr/36k Basic Limited Warranty still good for another year
5yr/100k Powertrain Warranty with 3 years left

Mountain Edition Package:
Black/Mineral Gray Front Bumper
Black/Mineral Gray Rear Bumper
Cloth Seats with Embroidered Mountain Logo
Graphite Interior Vent Trim Rings
Mineral Gray Grille
Matte Black Hood Decal
"Wrangler Mountain" Badge
17" x 7.5" Aluminum Painted Mineral Gray Wheels
Black Fuel Filler Door
Black Taillamp Guards

Aftermarket Extras Included:
Rock Krawler Flex 3.5" Suspension Lift
Fox Monotube Shocks (4)
G2 5.13 Gearing
EVO 44 Magnum Axle Sleeves
EVO C2 Gussett Reinforcement
EVO Front LCA Skids
EVO Drag Link Flip Kit
Poison Spyder Customs Evaporator Skid
Spidertrax 1.5" Aluminum Wheel Spacers (4)
Spare Tire Spacer (for oversized tire on rear carrier)
Hi-Lift Jack
Tuff Stuff Hood Jack Mount
Grade 8 Suspension Bolts
AEV ProCal Tuner
35" x 17" Goodyear Wrangler MT/R Kevlar Tires (5) with repair/replacement warranty certificates from Discount Tire. (2 tires have over 3/4 tread left and 3 of the tires have over 1/2 tread life left)

Aftermarket Extras Negotiable (not included in posted price):
Coast 1310 Front Driveshaft
Rock Krawler PRO Tie Rod
Rock Krawler Tie Rod Bracket
Fox Steering Stabilizer Shock

Asking $32,000 for this well-equipped rig that is well behaved on road and extremely capable off road.

(Does not include soft top, sliders, or Spyderlock beadlocks seen in the photos.) IMAG1159.jpg IMAG1160.jpg IMAG1161.jpg IMAG1162.jpg

Prime8

10frank9 said:
What's the Wayalife member price? 31,999?
Hahaha ;)

Haha, that's the jk forum discount! But seriously, I'd make it worthwhile. I could either discount the price or include some/all negotiable parts listed. It would depend on the individual situation. If the buyer was in Cali or Maine, the discount might be bigger due to travel. I am open to discussion about it.

Chairokey

On the website maybe. Being that everyone's already got their projects started. It would be nice if someone wants to buy a trail ready rig :D

I'm kind of interested in what the dealership offered you. I'll bet they priced it as stock..

Prime8

Chairokey said:
On the website maybe. Being that everyone's already got their projects started. It would be nice if someone wants to buy a trail ready rig :D

I'm kind of interested in what the dealership offered you. I'll bet they priced it as stock..

They did price it as stock. So I wrote down every mod I would be leaving on it and the price of each. I totalled those up to $8000 if you include the negotiable parts.
I gave a 50% discount on the aftermarket parts ($4000) and added that to the KBB value of ~$28000 in order to arrive at $32000. I thought that was perfectly reasonable, right?

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
if you want the truth, its overpriced. You will never get half of what the mods are worth.
The Jeep is build very specific, Someone is going to really want a modified Jeep to buy this rig. Which is really going to slim down your market. The guys that want the Jeep will want aftermarket bumpers for that price.

If it were mine, I would take any bolt on mod off. Most people are not even going to know what a HD tie rod is or give a shit that its on a jeep. If they cant see it, its not worth anything. its worth a little more than Book, but not much.

The other downside is, if people know about JK's they are going to spend the money on a 2012 or newer.

Prime8

ChrisB said:
if you want the truth, its overpriced. You will never get half of what the mods are worth.
The Jeep is build very specific, Someone is going to really want a modified Jeep to buy this rig. Which is really going to slim down your market. The guys that want the Jeep will want aftermarket bumpers for that price.

If it were mine, I would take any bolt on mod off. Most people are not even going to know what a HD tie rod is or give a shit that its on a jeep. If they cant see it, its not worth anything. its worth a little more than Book, but not much.

The other downside is, if people know about JK's they are going to spend the money on a 2012 or newer.

Well, I'm taking off most of the bolt on stuff. But because it has 5.13's, I have to leave the tires. If I leave the tires, I have to leave the lift. The front axle stuff is welded and the high steer kit made me drill out a bigger hole. So that stuff stays too. That's how I decided what stays and what goes. How much do you think I should list it for then?

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Well, I'm taking off most of the bolt on stuff. But because it has 5.13's, I have to leave the tires. If I leave the tires, I have to leave the lift. The front axle stuff is welded and the high steer kit made me drill out a bigger hole. So that stuff stays too. That's how I decided what stays and what goes. How much do you think I should list it for then?

that really depends if you want to deal with tire kickers or not. I read it over again, its a decent price just seriously think about taking lower offers.

I sold my built up Rubicon 2 door for 24,000. i was asking 28,000. If i ever do it again, I'll just trade the damn thing in and not deal with the public:naw:

Prime8

ChrisB said:
that really depends if you want to deal with tire kickers or not. I read it over again, its a decent price just seriously think about taking lower offers.

I sold my built up Rubicon 2 door for 24,000. i was asking 28,000. If i ever do it again, I'll just trade the damn thing in and not deal with the public:naw:

So what do you think a good price would be to make the most back that I can and still get it sold quick? I have it on eBay, eBay Classifieds, Autotrader, and Craigslist and the only interested response I have gotten was from a fellow Caterpillar employee that saw the "For Sale" sign in the window... Haha, so much for technology...

Prime8

Price drop to $31k and that includes all the "Negotiable Parts" listed. Come one people, that's a killer deal. I want this thing gone so I can get my Gecko! Haha. Help out a fellow jeeper and spread the word! I will provide a decent finder's fee if you hook me up with a buyer. Just think... Finder's fee = free mod, and all you have to do is help! Easy enough! Don't make me sell it to the dealer, then everyone loses.

Chairokey

So I gotta tell you... I had a dream last night that my jeep was parked at a friends house over night, and I went outside the next morning and it was completely stripped and on blocks. Which is the bad news. The good news is I bought your jeep :D

Prime8

Chairokey said:
So I gotta tell you... I had a dream last night that my jeep was parked at a friends house over night, and I went outside the next morning and it was completely stripped and on blocks. Which is the bad news. The good news is I bought your jeep :D

Is that good news going to come true?!?!

Chairokey

Prime8 said:
Is that good news going to come true?!?!

We could make it happen... You just gotta find someone to take my jeep apart and then accept what ever Flo decides my jeep was worth lol

Prime8

Chairokey said:
We could make it happen... You just gotta find someone to take my jeep apart and then accept what ever Flo decides my jeep was worth lol

We could make that happen... What's your address? Haha.

Top Bottom