Towing help

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Sorry if there has already been a thread made about this but I am moving tomorrow and am packing all day today, so I would really appreciate the help. But I have a 2009 unlimited rubicon and am looking at towing a 6x12 Uhaul trailer. I got a receiver hitch rated at 7,500 lbs and a ball rated at 7,000 lbs
I am more concerned about the hitch receiver rating that is bolted to the jeep frame.
I found online it is rated at 3,500 lbs however I have some some jeeps tow boats and other trailers that are pretty large. Do there jeeps have different hitch receivers that I could have got or is it ok to tow more than than the 3,500 lbs rating? I would think not, but wanted to see if anyone has some advice.

JKFlyer

Dumb question but is it even going exceed 3500?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
Between the trailer weight and all the crap you can stuff into those, plus the fact that most are 50 years old, yeah you can definitely get into some trouble. I've used them with my half ton quite a bit and they can make for a long day if you are planning any significant highway miles.

Oh and I've had a 10k trailer and 2k (only went a few miles) in the truck before so it knows it's way around a little.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Dumb question but is it even going exceed 3500?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Not a dumb question. But it is hard to tell, most likely not.
But i thought I would ask, keep me at easy with the knowledge and everyone has on here.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Between the trailer weight and all the crap you can stuff into those, plus the fact that most are 50 years old, yeah you can definitely get into some trouble. I've used them with my half ton quite a bit and they can make for a long day if you are planning any significant highway miles.

Oh and I've had a 10k trailer and 2k (only went a few miles) in the truck before so it knows it's way around a little.

I am moving from SLC Utah to Los Angeles.

Top Bottom