Is this a good deal??

FastZach

I found a PR44 on craigslist for $3000. I know it has gears and an eaton elocker. Its complete with brakes and steering. I'm not sure of the miles or what ball joints or shafts it has.. But is it a good deal?? Also, what could I sell my Dana 44 off a 2014 Rubicon w/ 7k miles? It has c gussets on it and stock gears.

pvanweelden

Offer 2400 and see what they say. You might start asking 2k for your axle and take anything above 1400

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

BadApple

yea the only thing dynatrac is the housing its got 5.13s stock axles and knuckles with mopar ball joints and 1 Ton TRE.

jeeeep

Hooked
I found a PR44 on craigslist for $3000. I know it has gears and an eaton elocker. Its complete with brakes and steering. I'm not sure of the miles or what ball joints or shafts it has.. But is it a good deal?? Also, what could I sell my Dana 44 off a 2014 Rubicon w/ 7k miles? It has c gussets on it and stock gears.

IMO $3000 is overpriced if it is a 1.5 yr old housing that has stock components - do you know if it's a PR44 or PR44 unlimited, how many miles on it?

you can get a new Dynatrac PR44 Unlimited (1/2" tubes) housing for $2145 + shipping, I did this to replace my damaged axle housing and am moving the components from my Rubicon Front D44 to the PR44. I'll be reusing the rubi lockers, and I had just installed Ten Factory shafts, hubs, ball joints which will transfer and was the basis for my decision to go with the stock housing setup.

Besides being overpriced, wonder why it's been for sale for so long - stock parts or the housing damaged somehow?, the Eaton locker has been revised (stronger) but I don't know when the revised model came out

knowing what I know now after researching and talking with Dynatrac you would do better buying new housing for that price. Give Dynatrac a call and have them quote you a PR44 with what you need. The axle shafts on the newer Rubis (2012+?) are stronger than the previous models. maybe upgrade the ball joints Synergy are reasonable, Crown or Moog offer greasable ball joints for a great price.

BadApple

^X2 i would offer them 3500 for both axles and if they say no contact Dynatrac if i remember correctly it is not the Unlimited housing. I wouldnt trust AZ diff ive heard to many bad things.

jeeeep

Hooked
I checked out the ad, the rear is just a stock D44 with posi-lock, non-rubicon - worth about $900 since you'll need to gut it and get lockers for it - if it's not bent. What the OP has now in his Rubicon is much better.

If the plan is to just upgrade your front axle, I'd go with a new housing swap your components out and sell your housing. As new as it is, you can probably get $1200 just for the housing.
if the plan is to also regear, you would only have the cash to regear both front and rear if your budget is the $3000 range.

Get a price quote from a good shop to do the complete swap and regear (if that's your plans) while it's apart. If you can have your empty housing sold before, you may be close to the $3000 mark for everything done - mine was about $3100, this is cost of axle and complete swap, just too bad I can't sell the old housing, I had it sold before the wreck.

Off Road Evolution has a $999.99 regear special - that's a good price.

Top Bottom