Evo Enforcer Advice

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Well i just received my evo enforcer 4in lift with 37 inch tire package. Got bilstein 5100s to go with it. Any advice for when i install the lift? I searched around and couldn't quite find what i was looking for. Still have a little bit of time as I'm waiting for my bank account to recover a bit before i order my slabs. Any advice would be appreciated!

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Thanks! A write up will help. Was just looking to see if anyone had any tips or if they learned any tricks i should know doing theirs!

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Lift installation is pretty straight forward. Not difficult at all, the most challenging part of the install is removing part of the stock rear trackbar bracket and installing the front LCAs( if you've never done CAs).

Like Eddie said, if you have a specific question ask away. There are plenty of us here running the enforcer lift, most of us have done the installation ourselves.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Skim through The Building of Knuckles and The Building of Meanst threads. Both have Enforcer installs with the draglink flip kit. (I assume you got the flip kit. If not, you should.)

was my first lift kit ever installed. it took me little longer then expected but worked out well and was very straight forward. only warning i say if over wrenching on the ubolts for the rear track bar braket, i snapped mine and had to go find a new one in a hurry.

JAGS

Hooked
Just have ORE do the install. :idontknow: :cheesy: I needed my entire build done in a week so I could do the Rubicon run so I opted to let the pros do it.

This said, there are some great build threads as sharkey mentioned that give a lot of details and can always use Eddie's link as general guidance. My only advice is before starting any install project, lay out everything and take a good inventory to make sure you have all the parts and tools necessary to complete the tasks for the day.

Marauder

Make sure to take a good look at the sway bar link clearance with stock rims. ( If you have them.) They really are serious about the need for rims with a reduced backspacing for a complete installation but don't say why. The standard extended sway bar links (installed in the rear) have bolts that protrude and may rub on the inside of stock rims. (I found out after I tried to drive and it started to shave the metal off.) Otherwise, it can be done in a driveway in half a day. Pretty straightforward and beefy kit. FYI... At ORE they make adjustable way bar links that may have thinner profile and may have more clearance for stock rims. I haven't measured them but they look thinner. Best of luck on the install.

Last edited:

utiadam

LOSER
Make sure to take a good look at the sway bar link clearance with stock rims. ( If you have them.) They really are serious about the need for rims with a reduced backspacing for a complete installation but don't say why. The standard extended sway bar links (installed in the rear) have bolts that protrude and may rub on the inside of stock rims. (I found out after I tried to drive and it started to shave the metal off.) Otherwise, it can be done in a driveway in half a day. Pretty straightforward and beefy kit. FYI... At ORE they make adjustable way bar links that may have thinner profile and may have more clearance for stock rims. I haven't measured them but they look thinner. Best of luck on the install.

I'll be doing the bolt on coilover kit front and rear but it looks like they use the same sway bar links front and rear. I have stock rubicon rims/tires with 1.5" spacers. I think I'll be ok with the factory tires but I know I'll need custom wheels like slabs or chamber pro 2 to go bigger. If I run into a clearance issue in the rear I think I could just remove the rear sway bar all together?

Marauder

I'll be doing the bolt on coilover kit front and rear but it looks like they use the same sway bar links front and rear. I have stock rubicon rims/tires with 1.5" spacers. I think I'll be ok with the factory tires but I know I'll need custom wheels like slabs or chamber pro 2 to go bigger. If I run into a clearance issue in the rear I think I could just remove the rear sway bar all together?

On mine, they were just touching where the rim meets the tire. The stock jeep wheels have a lot of backspacing. If you are running spacers you should be fine. Just take a look at the clearance when you bolt on the wheels.

utiadam

LOSER
On mine, they were just touching where the rim meets the tire. The stock jeep wheels have a lot of backspacing. If you are running spacers you should be fine. Just take a look at the clearance when you bolt on the wheels.

If it was barely touching without spacers it sounds like I'll be ok. I'll check just to make sure though. Thanks!

noroad

Just have ORE do the install. :idontknow: :cheesy: I needed my entire build done in a week so I could do the Rubicon run so I opted to let the pros do it.

This said, there are some great build threads as sharkey mentioned that give a lot of details and can always use Eddie's link as general guidance. My only advice is before starting any install project, lay out everything and take a good inventory to make sure you have all the parts and tools necessary to complete the tasks for the day.

^^ This is always a good place to start BEFORE ripping your rig apart (i can tell you fromt not doing this). Lay everything out make sure all parts are there, make sure you have all the tools needed (lots on 19mm on there lol). This prep work will save you some time and problems! But should be pretty stright forward read eddie's write up a couple time and you should be good to roll, remember have fun doing it!

Top Bottom