Lift question

Jdscott343

If I only lift my Jeep 2.5" for a little extra clearance for trail driving is rough country acceptable equipment or should I look at other brands?

liljohn850

If I only lift my Jeep 2.5" for a little extra clearance for trail driving is rough country acceptable equipment or should I look at other brands?

If you're looking at 2.5" of lift, I'd settle for 2" budget lift... a spacer is a spacer and they can be found cheap

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

I've installed the RC kit on a few JK's and can tell you that it'll get the job done just fine. It's really hard to go wrong with a coil spacer lift.

Jdscott343

There is an off road shop here that will do a 2.5" rough country lift for $525. That's parts and labor. What would you guess a 2" spacer lift would cost?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
There is an off road shop here that will do a 2.5" rough country lift for $525. That's parts and labor. What would you guess a 2" spacer lift would cost?

Oh please, do yourself a favor and do the install yourself. It really is super easy to do and if you don't have the tools, the money you would otherwise use for labor can easily buy why you need and then you will have them for future jobs and maintenance. Click on the link below to see a write-up I did on installing a spacer lift. Size makes no difference:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3976-Jeep-JK-Wrangler-2-5-quot-Budget-Boost-Installation-Write-Up

liljohn850

they're the same concept.. And I wouldn't pay anyone to do it. It's really an easy task and can be done in a day with no experiance. If you're into saving cash search for a used spacer lift. There may be one here but they pop up on local CL's regularly.

liljohn850

Oh please, do yourself a favor and do the install yourself. It really is super easy to do and if you don't have the tools, the money you would otherwise use for labor can easily buy why you need and then you will have them for future jobs and maintenance. Click on the link below to see a write-up I did on installing a spacer lift. Size makes no difference:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3976-Jeep-JK-Wrangler-2-5-quot-Budget-Boost-Installation-Write-Up

And Eddie was already on the ball -_- :thumb:

Jay_r24

^^ Take Eddie's Advice, you CAN do the lift yourself. If you can remove a screw using a screw driver u can install a spacer lift. I had absolutely ZERO experience with suspension/lifts and with the write up Eddie provided it was absolutely a breeze. It's tedious work but not difficult! And you will be able to familiarize yourself with the parts under your rig!

Sent from Junior's Iphone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hobolobo

I did mine in a day with no help. That was my first time to lift a vehicle too. It wasn't bad at all. And i did the RC 2.5".

noroad

I would just like to add that a lift does not really gain you ground clearance if that is what you are looking for, that comes from bigger tires(which the lift gives you space to add bigger tires, your axles only go up with tires)

Top Bottom