Dead Jeep

Firewrangler

Ok, so after pulling up to the house tonight and finding my wife's Grand Cherokee hogging up the whole garage tonight, I had to leave my Jeep in the drive way. I pull to a stop and set the brake and turn the Jeep off. I then decide right away to move my Jeep so that I can move hers over and get mine in the garage. I turn the key over and......absolutely nothing!!!! Not an engine struggling to turn over like a weak battery or anything! Not a peep. Two seconds before, it was running just fine!! It gave no warning or anything. The battery is an Interstate battery and it's only 5 or 6 months old. Any thoughts? Waiting on it to cool down so I can check connections at the terminals.

liljohn850

Ok, so after pulling up to the house tonight and finding my wife's Grand Cherokee hogging up the whole garage tonight, I had to leave my Jeep in the drive way. I pull to a stop and set the brake and turn the Jeep off. I then decide right away to move my Jeep so that I can move hers over and get mine in the garage. I turn the key over and......absolutely nothing!!!! Not an engine struggling to turn over like a weak battery or anything! Not a peep. Two seconds before, it was running just fine!! It gave no warning or anything. The battery is an Interstate battery and it's only 5 or 6 months old. Any thoughts? Waiting on it to cool down so I can check connections at the terminals.

No lights or anything?

Firewrangler

Nope. No lights. Just disconnected the + terminal and cleaned it up, and I'm back in business now. Wasn't that dirty or anything. Don't know. Crazy.

jims68

If you can check and see if your battery is over 12 volts. If so lift your positive lead and either let it set for a while or touch it to the negative post to bleed off all power in system. Usually 15 seconds will do. This should reset all systems. If you are not sure on battery put a booster pack on it and try. It is not uncommon for a cel to just die, and I think somewhere around 11.5 volts is the lower threshold where it won't start. Is everything dead?

Top Bottom