E- disco will not lock back up??

xtremefx4

My E-Disco will not lock back up? I know there has been problems with them going out. Is there any way of getting it to lock back in? The light is flashing on n off. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my QMV7A using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Typically, the default position is LOCKED and if you're seeing a flashing light, that's most likely what it is in now. Are you sure that yours is in the unlocked position?

xtremefx4

Yes it unlocked. When in 4 low you can hear a click from the motor but it won't lock up. I drove it to work and you can feel that it is unlocked. Lots of sway on the turns.. I'm thinking the motor finally went out!

Mikead40

This exact thing just happened to my friend on the trail last weekend - we found out that the wire plug-in to the diff was pulled out. Unfortunately the plastic lock that holds it in place broke, so the plug would not stay put. Anyway, check that if you haven't already.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yes it unlocked. When in 4 low you can hear a click from the motor but it won't lock up. I drove it to work and you can feel that it is unlocked. Lots of sway on the turns.. I'm thinking the motor finally went out!

Well, at least for now, you can always unplug, unbolt and remove the disco motor. That'll take the plunger out with it and will subsequently lock it up.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Evo no limits knob thing, took out my working motor and installed it. 80 bucks and no more worries!

Top Bottom