Videos on Mobile Devices (Not all accessible)

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Not all wayalife videos can be viewed on mobile devices (Ipad, kindle, etc). Please change permissions on youtube to allow those of us with these devices to watch your videos on the go.

if you go on there Vemo channel you can watch them all on mobile.

SteelBadger

Not all wayalife videos can be viewed on mobile devices (Ipad, kindle, etc). Please change permissions on youtube to allow those of us with these devices to watch your videos on the go.

It isn't just a setting as far as I know. It has to do with music distribution rights on mobile platforms.
Of note, if you use a different web browser than Safari on iPhone the videos wiIll play. I use the Puffin browser. I believe other mobile devices have alternatives that can work. If there is an option to do so, request the desktop site. That can work too.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Has nothing to do with permissions. Go to safari on your iPad and you can watch then on it. Don't use the app.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, it's not a settings issue we can address. Back in the day, YouTube allowed people to post up videos using popular songs. Unfortunately, over the years, they've changed their rules and now block any video that have songs produced by just about every company out there (Warner, UMG, etc.) on mobile devices. Needless to say, that's the reason why you can't see them. There are ways around it and you'll have to use one of the methods outlined above. All our new videos use songs that we have bought the rights for and so you shouldn't have issues with them.

Top Bottom