Unlimited Sport or Rubicon

scooter k

I'm planning on buying a 2014 Unlimited Sport or Rubicon. Do you guys think it's worth the extra money to buy the Rubicon. I plan on a lift and wheels so they don't matter. Any direction would help...Thanks

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm planning on buying a 2014 Unlimited Sport or Rubicon. Do you guys think it's worth the extra money to buy the Rubicon. I plan on a lift and wheels so they don't matter. Any direction would help...Thanks

Yes! Trust me, I have done it both ways and when I had a chance to do it again, I got a Rubicon. Even if you were to swap out your axles, you still won't get an e-disco or 4:1 transfer case or interior options you can get in a Rubicon including MyGig. The Rubicon is totally worth it.

sean.m.adams33

Yes. There are tons of threads on this. Buy the rubicon.

scooter k

Yes! Trust me, I have done it both ways and when I had a chance to do it again, I got a Rubicon. Even if you were to swap out your axles, you still won't get an e-disco or 4:1 transfer case or interior options you can get in a Rubicon including MyGig. The Rubicon is totally worth it.

Yeah I knew this is probably the answer. Just trying to figure out how to make it more affordable and it's not working!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
As mentioned the rubicon is the way to go. It's worth the extra cost and you can always sell some of the stuff to recoup some money

Sent from my iPhone

Jiffy05

I will be in the same position soon. I really want to get the rubicon but even with $10,000 down, payments will still be stupid high.

yjkwrangler

Best bet, go with rubicon x since you are going to get a rubicon... Comes with a few perks than a rubicon but at least the few perks are going to look great for the mean time. Same motor and drive train just a stylish hood with front and rear bumper.

VaderJK

If money is no option, then yes to Rubicon. Only you will know the type of wheeling you will be doing and if you'll NEED a Rubicon to do it. Coincidentally, and unrelated, only you can prevent forest fires.

For us, the difference in monthly payments between a sport and rubi were too much to handle. The interiors are identical you're paying for the mechanics you may or may not need.

If money is no option, then yes to Rubicon. Only you will know the type of wheeling you will be doing and if you'll NEED a Rubicon to do it. Coincidentally, and unrelated, only you can prevent forest fires.

For us, the difference in monthly payments between a sport and rubi were too much to handle. The interiors are identical you're paying for the mechanics you may or may not need.

The interiors are far from identical

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
You can get a lower priced Rubicon with pretty much the same interior as a Sport. That's what I was wanting when I bought mine, I just found one with a lot more for cheaper cause the dealer had it too long.

JTLen

$40,000+ for a jeep off the lot just seems crazy to me. Rubicon or not, that's serious coin on a vehicle you're going to beat on. Pretty much prices out regular people.

stweasel

If you can afford it get the Rubicon, I wish I could have:broke: That being said I love my Jeep just wish I had that extra level of capability.

jeff_in_rc

When we were thinking of selling my TJ and getting a JKUR there was only a difference of 3K for the base vehicles, sport and JKUR.
Now when you add a lot of options, well then the $$$ really starts to climb. Just my 0.02.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Well my 2 cents. It all comes down to money. If you can afford the rubicon then I would say get it. And all depends on what you plain to do and where you will be wheeling. And what are your future plains. For my self. I had always had a dream of onwing a jeep and fixing up the way I want. Once I pay off my jeep in 2 years I will really start moding. My plain is to keep it and add new axles motor when needed etc. So in my long run build will pay off later with sport. But as for now I still wish I could have afforded the rubicon. If that all make sense.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
$40,000+ for a jeep off the lot just seems crazy to me. Rubicon or not, that's serious coin on a vehicle you're going to beat on. Pretty much prices out regular people.

Not really. the average price of a car in the United States this year was $31252. With discounts you can get a new Rubi (pretty much loaded) for around $40-41K. On 60 month financing the 9-10K difference in price is roughly $160-180/month. Thats more or less the price of Directv with the NFL sunday ticket. turn off your TV and get a rubicon. The fact that you can beat on it makes the money more pallatable.

Top Bottom