Random Beeping

noroad

Ok well i was working on my firends jeep down the road today his mom called me and said that my jeep was randomly honking off and on a bunch of time! My first question was, Is there a little kid in the jeep (it was a no). So my question is has anyone seen this, (i sill havent seen it on my jeep) there was no keys left in it and it does not have a security system, what could it have been??

noroad

Key fob lock button stuck? or Sticky? This happens on my girlfriends Suburban

no everything turns fine and moves good, this is the only reported random beeping tho, hoping it just isn't a sign of bad things to come!

txjeeplover

You may not have a keyless entry fob and the factory alarm may not be activated, but you do have an alarm program. It's possible that the clockspring is failing and there is short in the horn connection, possible that the horn switch is failing, another random JK electrical TIPM gremlin, or a loose battery connection.

When my Jeep was about a year old, it started randomly honking once in my driveway, and the keyless entry would not get it to stop. I disconnected the battery, it stopped of course, and resumed normal service after that event.

noroad

You may not have a keyless entry fob and the factory alarm may not be activated, but you do have an alarm program. It's possible that the clockspring is failing and there is short in the horn connection, possible that the horn switch is failing, another random JK electrical TIPM gremlin, or a loose battery connection.

When my Jeep was about a year old, it started randomly honking once in my driveway, and the keyless entry would not get it to stop. I disconnected the battery, it stopped of course, and resumed normal service after that event.

well thats some info i hope iys not the clockspring, or a gremlin lol. good to know what might be coming tho thanks!

Top Bottom