Synergy Tie Rod looks too long

jeeeep

Hooked
So I finally got my Jeep back and besides the upgraded PR44, also upgraded to PSC Hydro assist, Synergy High Steer and Synergy Tie Rod. The drive home felt flighty at best and thought maybe it was the PSC hydro assist?
As I was looking at the front end it looked like the tires are toe out and the steering is slightly off center, I plan to take a measurement of the toe but it also looks like the tie rod has no room for adjustment if I need to adjust it in any.

Anyone have this issue in the past? I really don't want to make the 45 minute drive back to the shop but I may have too.

The axle is also not centered but I'm OCD like that...

turbineguy

So I finally got my Jeep back and besides the upgraded PR44, also upgraded to PSC Hydro assist, Synergy High Steer and Synergy Tie Rod. The drive home felt flighty at best and thought maybe it was the PSC hydro assist?
As I was looking at the front end it looked like the tires are toe out and the steering is slightly off center, I plan to take a measurement of the toe but it also looks like the tie rod has no room for adjustment if I need to adjust it in any.

Anyone have this issue in the past? I really don't want to make the 45 minute drive back to the shop but I may have too.

The axle is also not centered but I'm OCD like that...

I have a PR44 and a synergy tie rod.

Its tight but my toe in is perfect.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sc741

When you look at the front of a jk the toe always looks toed out. It is just the shape of the front end that makes it look that way. You have to measure it or get it on a rack to know for sure and not eyeball it. I have a synergy too and there is enough room for adjustment in either direction as long as everything else is where it is supposed to be.

kimer82

same problem here. I had to take the Tirod ball joint and the Securing NUT out.
Got local Mechine shop to Mill the nut a bit thinner so i could thread in ball joint bit deeper. it's been good for 20,000+kms

txjeeplover

It's possible that your installer installed one or both of the rod ends too shallow into the main link causing the adjuster to have very few threads left. When setup properly, you can adjust the toe-in and toe-out with a small amount of room to spare. Unlike with the factory tie rod, you can also adjust the length of the rod by shortening or extending the rod end opposite of the adjuster.

jeeeep

Hooked
It's possible that your installer installed one or both of the rod ends too shallow into the main link causing the adjuster to have very few threads left. When setup properly, you can adjust the toe-in and toe-out with a small amount of room to spare. Unlike with the factory tie rod, you can also adjust the length of the rod by shortening or extending the rod end opposite of the adjuster.

Turned out to be this, tracks perfect now
thanks for the help :beer:

Top Bottom