single OBDII port & 2 devices?

Jiblet

I know aeroforce has a splitter that works for their dual gauge setup but IIRC it doesn't work with two "single" gauges.

Maybe you can email both manufacturers and see what they recommend.

iM7md

I know aeroforce has a splitter that works for their dual gauge setup but IIRC it doesn't work with two "single" gauges.

Maybe you can email both manufacturers and see what they recommend.

Sent for both. waiting for their reply, Thanks :)

SDG

Caught the Bug
There can be com problems when splitting the signal which leads to latency issues when splitting the signal. I had this discusion with a coworker who runst a split on his obd port. He says both work but each one individually works better if that makes sense.

iM7md

Thanks SDG for sharing this info , I got a reply from Aeroforce as per below:

You can get a splitter cabler here: http://www.scantool.net/accessories/accessories-cables/cable-j1962m-to-2-j1962f-y-cable-1ft.html but there's no guaranty that both will work together. The OBD2 port is designed for only one device. Our dual set of gauges for example is specially programmed to work together. You'll just have to try them both and see.

I decided not to buy Aeroforce gauge, by this I will get most use of my Bully Dog GT

SDG

Caught the Bug
Thanks SDG for sharing this info , I got a reply from Aeroforce as per below:

I decided not to buy Aeroforce gauge, by this I will get most use of my Bully Dog GT

Makes sense. The com protocol is kinda like moorse code as it was explained to me, there is a start char followed by the message and and end char. When the 2 devices are talking they interrupt each other and only the 1st message is acknowledged. So the second has to be resent which leads to slow response etc.

Top Bottom