Intake Question

Byrdman2010

What are y'all's opinions on intake systems are they worth it or is it better to stick with the stock setup and not trash an engine. I'm looking at the aem intake systems

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
They're cool to look at, make your engine sound nice and if you have headers and a high flow exhaust system, can help to give you a tiny bit more power. If you have a 3.6L motor, I would NOT run one as it can lead to oil consumption issues and void your warranty.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
as wayalife said they are cool to look at and sound cool but thats about it. i have one in my 2011 and thats all its good for. i prob wasted my money but oh well.

JKTHOMPSON

Yeah I have one on my 2012. Sounds good and that's about it. Just moved to WA and there is a lot more water up here. I am looking to go back to stock, or do a snorkel system. The CAI I have is great where I was in CA but I fear it will soak the water up here...

Byrdman2010

Well they all brag the more air flow the better and being a mechanic in the heavy equipment industry, more flow can equal less filtration and that can lead to a dusted engine. Just wanted some real world advise to decide to pull the trigger on that mod or not.

pahlbfishn

What are y'all's opinions on intake systems are they worth it or is it better to stick with the stock setup and not trash an engine. I'm looking at the aem intake systems

Pure snake oil. Most of the benefit will be in your mind. Also, more air flow=more dirt sucked into your engine.

ScubaSteve

Is the stock air box with an aftermarket filter just as bad or just stick with all stock?

Would leave everything stock... If you have issues with your engine you can claim "everything is stock" which will strengthen your case of having engine issues covered under warranty.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What ScubaSteve said. Also, nothing will filter out dirt better than a factory paper filter.

JKbrick

Would leave everything stock... If you have issues with your engine you can claim "everything is stock" which will strengthen your case of having engine issues covered under warranty.

I bought a used 09 so the lifetime warranty didn't transfer unfortunately but I still try to do what is best

DA RUNT

WHAT? My Banks didn't give me the up to 12 more HP they promised on the box?:crazyeyes: Yup, they got me with this 2 years ago. Fortunately I have no problems or oil consumption.

Top Bottom