AEV Lift 2.5 for 2010 JK Rubi

Montana JK

I bought my 2010 rubi a few months ago and finally have saved enough for lift, wheels and tires. I decided to go with the AEV 2.5 which comes with 5100s. I am going to run cooper ST MAXX w/studs 285/70/17 (montana winters are rough without). I've been reading some of the other posts about changing my gearing, axels ect and I was not aware the process was that involved. Since I'm new and don't really know my ass from a hole in the ground could y'all give me advice on what shafts I need to go with and what gears you reccomend. Thanks!

JandSJK

You wont need to change gears or axles. the tire size you are going to is only about a 1/2 taller than the stock tires on the rubi. i think you could go as big as 315/70R17 with that lift and still be ok with the gears that you have.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Cool!

I you haven't bought the lift already you might be able to save some money running a rancho lift instead. Same, if not better, quality too. There are several threads on this on jk-forum.

Regardless, good luck and post some pics!

Montana JK

Well I did some research and you're right about being able to run 35s. Since cooper doesnt make the ST MAXX in a 315/70/17 I am thinking about running Duratracs with studs in a 315/70/17. Is that a good choice?

Last edited:

JandSJK

I really like the duratracs. Ive had two sets and a buddy is running them on his jk in the 315.

MTG

Caught the Bug
I liked my duratracs (recently jumped to 37" nittos) and bought them mainly for their snow performance. Just so you know the sidewalls are a little soft/thin. Makes for a softer ride but will be more susceptible to damage.

Last edited:

Roaddog545

Aev

I just installed the AEV 2.5 on my girlfriends JKU Call of Duty Edition (2011) with 315 Duratracs. In my opinion the AEV lift is well made and engineered. She loves the ride and the handling improvements. I also installed the geometry correction brackets and love the improvements. This is not a hardcore rock-crawler but a daily driver that sees some off road (Moab, Rubicon maybe). I would recommend it.

Top Bottom