Mitrig's jkur student build

Mitrig

Hey guys, so not sure if there are many students on the forum but figured I would write this up and track the progress far.

Being a student taking Mechanical Engineering my schooling costs 25 thousand a year in total between books, and other costs. So working on the weekends doesn't give me much cash to buy all my mods. So I decided to make this thread to help out some of the younger jeepers whom want to build up their rig but have little cash flow.

So I'll post all mods done to date and future mods I will do doing.

NOTE: being in engineering I have access to Catia, cad, and other design programs to design my exterior mods and have them fabricated.

Current mods: below!!!

Hey guys, so not sure if there are many students on the forum but figured I would write this up and track the progress far.

Being a student taking Mechanical Engineering my schooling costs 25 thousand a year in total between books, and other costs. So working on the weekends doesn't give me much cash to buy all my mods. So I decided to make this thread to help out some of the younger jeepers whom want to build up their rig but have little cash flow.

So I'll post all mods done to date and future mods I will do doing.

NOTE: being in engineering I have access to Catia, cad, and other design programs to design my exterior mods and have them fabricated.

Current mods: below!!!

Where are they? :thinking:

Mitrig

Attaching them all from my computer, just working on my latest mod ATM or atleast waiting on paint to dry 😑 they will be up

Mitrig

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1405390209.772461.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1405390218.341066.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1405390228.387235.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1405390311.808065.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1405390381.779087.jpg

This is my most recent mod and first real body modification. I had been in the market for a new front bumper but had no luck, an with shipping costs, tariffs and taxes being through the roof I found a machinist who would take the bumper design I wanted and replicate my specs onto a Cnc machine to cut all my plating

So for the cost of just the steal and 1 hour of his time since I had all the dimensions and mesh analyzations done in Catia vr5 along with failure cases.

Total cost 225 plus two cans of spray on primer and non textured bedliner

Though I have yet to make the gussets for the stinger I am making. But that is the next step.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1405390817.644392.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1405390838.045209.jpg

Also set up the inside to accommodate for the stock fog lights, now just to find a way to mount them...😑

Mitrig

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1405390994.263194.jpg

I was looking for a light bar that I liked for a while, found this on a site similar to *****list. Haggled the woman down till she agreed at 100cash plus she would give me 4 new halogen bulbs only catch was that it was off a yj. So going to have to cut the mount that I redrilled just to use it for now and make a new mount.

So got home cut all the wires out since they looked as old as I was and when I tested them I realized someone wired all 4 through a single cable splicing each into that line. So once it got power they lit up the garage but then the wiring started to smoke.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1405391255.016419.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1405391273.326207.jpg

Ran some fresh new wires to each light and bought an a pillar sPOD yes I bought something ahah ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1405391376.339981.jpg

Will be wiring these up in te next few days.

Brankz

Bad ass! I'm a student to and building the rig is hard, with the penny's left that I have after paying my stuff. But my rig is getting there :) took me 1.5 years lol
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1405401791.068211.jpg
That's her ass
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1405401807.975738.jpg
That's her stinger
Lol I know sounds weird

seanb123

I'm a student as well going into my dr year I know the struggle but have to say 25k for an engineer school is cheap. Sad to say all good engineering schools around me are 40k+. Good luck with the build like the bumper.

Mitrig

Mounted the bumper on today to test fit and find the angles for my stinger. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1405432324.057334.jpg going to be using the stock tow hooks to mount the bumper and the dlink brackets just need t pop the original bolts out and get 3 inch long ones so that ican bolt over all 3 pieces of steel.

Slow and steady but I will get there.

I know a lot if people will judge but hey it's a jeep thing.

Mitrig

Bad ass! I'm a student to and building the rig is hard, with the penny's left that I have after paying my stuff. But my rig is getting there :) took me 1.5 years lol
View attachment 91822
That's her ass
View attachment 91823
That's her stinger
Lol I know sounds weird

It looks good!!! I don't have the money to jump to 35s yet since my 33s are still new and I want my 35s as duratracs but that will cost me a pretty penny when the time comes. I lve seeing student built rigs since I feel like they have a lot more spirit. Yea they may not be built up as quick as some other rigs or even built up with top dollar mods but it's the struggle and watching it form over time that makes it special. I think we get attached to the rigs.

Mitrig

I'm a student as well going into my dr year I know the struggle but have to say 25k for an engineer school is cheap. Sad to say all good engineering schools around me are 40k+. Good luck with the build like the bumper.

Yea it's sad how much schooling costs. Luckily schools I'm Canada are cheaper then the us. I was looking to go to ohio state. And or Texas since those were two states we lived in and still had family before we moved to Canada. But it was around 65g a year in Texas and 40ish at ohio

Brankz

It looks good!!! I don't have the money to jump to 35s yet since my 33s are still new and I want my 35s as duratracs but that will cost me a pretty penny when the time comes. I lve seeing student built rigs since I feel like they have a lot more spirit. Yea they may not be built up as quick as some other rigs or even built up with top dollar mods but it's the struggle and watching it form over time that makes it special. I think we get attached to the rigs.

I'm running 33s

Mitrig

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1405557173.749677.jpg Rigged a paint station to bed line the final product.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1405557154.830157.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1405557154.830157.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 338

Mitrig

Looks good man, I hope the bolts for the rings and hooks end up being grade 8 or higher.

Going to have to check I mounted it for safety purposes going to see if I can get the same factory tapped bolt just with a longer thread. Not sure where to get them since Chrysler doesn't sell them nor do any auto stores that I could find

Top Bottom