Recommendation for adjustable front track bar .

steve_r2

Can I have peoples thoughts on adjustable front track bars...which one's they recommend and why.
Thanks

I've run the TF monster track bar and now Synergy w/ frame bracket. Both adjust to stock length w/ steering correction and easily adjusted on the jeep.
No issues with either.

I originally had the RK, but was getting contact w diff cover. Switched over to the synergy w raised axle backet and frame side bracket n sector shaft brace. Like the adj without having to remove joint.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

synergy with trac bar brace at frame and sector shaft brace for the win here as well!!! unless you have hydro assist I believe this is the nicest kit for a brace and trac bar package

RJEEPO

I hope same can be said about the Synergy adjustable rear track bar too cause looks like I'll need one. Bought PSC covers and while browsing sites only one even said that an aftermarket bar was recommended as the stock one would have interference at full flex. Great. Trying to take this slow but seems to be snowballing already. Sorry for buttin' in here, should start a build thread for advice.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Can I have peoples thoughts on adjustable front track bars...which one's they recommend and why.
Thanks

I have run a myriad of track bars and would NOT recommend the one made by TeraFlex as I have seen a number of them break. Yes, they finally came out with a slightly different design but, it's essentially the same thing only with the turn buckle moved over a bit and, when they were having all the breaks go on, nobody from TeraFlex ever bothered to warn their customers about the very real problem and dangers associated with it. Of the others out there, I personally prefer ones like JKS which are made with bonded rubber bushings as they will stay quite and maintenance free just like the OE track bar. In fact, I prefer to run factory track bars and still do on both my Jeeps but then, I also run an EVO drag link flip/track bar relocation kit.

Mick5280

I run a JKS front track bar with a reinforcement kit from JKS as well I

Mick5280
09 JK Rubicon orange and black
3.5" rockkrawler mid arm lift
5160 belstein shocks
35"wrangler mtr w/Kevlar on 17" black rock wheels
JKS front track bar with track bar and steering sector reinforcement kit
Dominoin cat back exhuast
Smittybilt front rear bumbers rock rails and body armor
Genright rear tire carrier
Warren 10k winch
K&N cold air intake and throttle body spacer
Viair oba system

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For the most part, all the track bars out there will get the job done. What makes one different than the next is the type of joints they use (i.e. heims, clevite, polyurethane, vecton, etc.) and even more importantly, how many bends do they have. When it comes to joints, something like polyurethane will require a lot of greasing to keep them from squeaking and something like a heim is great but, can wear out the Teflon inside and cause squeaking as well (requires replacement). As far as bends go, the more an aftermarket track bar looks like a factory one the better as that'll help ensure better clearance at the differential. If you are running an aftermarket diff cover, this can make the difference between hitting it and clearing it.

Toyjunkey

+1 on the synergy tracbar and axle side trac bar bracket i just installed these on my jeep not two weeks ago and I am amazed at how much better it drives over the rubicon express trac bar and the system clears the poison spyder diff cover I have

steve_r2

The point of the adjustable track bar is to be able to re-center the axle.....
So maybe silly question here. If the axle is off center can this cause some driveline vibration (not severe but enough to be noticed) ?

liljohn850

The point of the adjustable track bar is to be able to re-center the axle.....
So maybe silly question here. If the axle is off center can this cause some driveline vibration (not severe but enough to be noticed) ?

Maybe.... but I've never heard of an off center front axle causing driveline vibes. incorrect caster/pinion angles are typically the root cause of DL vibes... right? (that's a questioning tone, not a dick-headish tone)

steve_r2

Maybe.... but I've never heard of an off center front axle causing driveline vibes. incorrect caster/pinion angles are typically the root cause of DL vibes... right? (that's a questioning tone, not a dick-headish tone)

No worries......caster is dialed in correct and wheels rotated and balanced (might just be that will have to re-balance again to get right). But, axle is off center so was just wondering.

Mick5280

Like I said when I went from 32 to 35 I ended up with a death wabble it was suggested that I get an adjustable track bar maybe it was caster/pinion angle but I did everything in one shot cause I didn't feel like trouble shooting and having to take my jk back and forth to the shop and potentially causing more damage to it. But it definetly centered my front axle up with the rear axle and stopped it from dog tracking

Mick5280

Mick5280

Recently however I put 1.25" wheel spacers on and got a steering vibration it would a little sqiurly over bumps had my tires balanced and it helped a little but didn't get rid of the problem ended replacing my ball joints&u joints and of course an alignment and now it drives great no wabble or vibrations

Mick5280

liljohn850

No worries......caster is dialed in correct and wheels rotated and balanced (might just be that will have to re-balance again to get right). But, axle is off center so was just wondering.

how much we talking about being off here? and is your pinion angle correct? do you have an after market DS? and are we talking about driveline vibes or wheels vibes? ahh hell, just order an ADJ track bar. lol

steve_r2

how much we talking about being off here? and is your pinion angle correct? do you have an after market DS? and are we talking about driveline vibes or wheels vibes? ahh hell, just order an ADJ track bar. lol
Pinion is fine so is caster (eventually... after arguing with the shop and showing them what is correct thanks to Eddies write up's). Though not having a ADJ track bar when I was lifted has played on my mind and I am not centered. So thought it needs addressing. Like I said I will get tires re done on Road Force...and track bar ordered
Thanks for the help all.

Mick5280

It mostly came from my tires and to be honest I don't now how much it was off but looking at from the front or back you could see it was off and yes I have rugged ridge 3/8" diff covers no rubbing. I know they said arb covers wouldn't work don't know about other brands though

Mick5280

Top Bottom