RIPP Headers

JandSJK

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with these and what they thought of them. Are they really worth $1600 and the HP/TQ gains they claim there?

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I know they are made by American Racing Headers for RIPP, and are very high quality. I ran a set of ARH headers on my 700rwhp '04 Cobra before I went to Kooks 1 7/8 longtubes. The horsepower numbers they claim you get with the 3.8 are impressive.

JandSJK

Ya. if i'm gonna spend that kinda money i wanna make sure i'm getting what they claim. i have a broken manifold and need to replace it soon. its already been replaced once before. just looking into other options and the other headers i have looked at have caused problems with plug wires and throwing codes

StrizzyChris

I could do a TON with 1600! Headers would be at the very end of that list. To each their own, but not worth that kind of money to me. Also beware of those dyno numbers because they usually are with their supercharger, headers, and programmer, not just headers.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
StrizzyChris said:
I could do a TON with 1600! Headers would be at the very end of that list. To each their own, but not worth that kind of money to me. Also beware of those dyno numbers because they usually are with their supercharger, headers, and programmer, not just headers.

They have numbers posted for both setups. The price is just the price you pay for any high quality tuned stainless steel header on any vehicle unfortunately. It's a bit easier to justify on a 700 hp Cobra than a JK 3.8. ,

The Rusty's headers are just shorty headers that may cause you to lose power. The longtubes are a tuned long tube header that us designed to increase low end and mud range power.

Last edited:

kaptkrappy

They have numbers posted for both setups. The price is just the price you pay for any high quality tuned stainless steel header on any vehicle unfortunately. It's a bit easier to justify on a 700 hp Cobra than a JK 3.8. ,

The Rusty's headers are just shorty headers that may cause you to lose power. The longtubes are a tuned long tube header that us designed to increase low end and mud range power.

That's probably a typo, but I like it.

It's not mid-range, it's MUD-RANGE POWER !

JandSJK

ya i haven't had good luck with the cheaper shorty headers in the past and every one of them have been a pain in the a** to install.

Top Bottom