What to do with $2500

liljohn850

So, I'm in a pickle. I have a JKUS, already lifted, tires, and all that.... But I've got $2500 so blow on her. My idea as of now is : front and read shafts ($1000), Rear ARB ($1041) Gears ($600 with master install kits) and an ARB Compressors for teh locker ($170)

Any other ideas? with 2500 being my max allowable to spend.

liljohn850

I'm looking at the ideas of not doing front shafts and just doing rear shafts, with the same ideas as above but adding truck lights.. feel free to toss ideas around

jkuone

So, I'm in a pickle. I have a JKUS, already lifted, tires, and all that.... But I've got $2500 so blow on her. My idea as of now is : front and read shafts ($1000), Rear ARB ($1041) Gears ($600 with master install kits) and an ARB Compressors for teh locker ($170)

Any other ideas? with 2500 being my max allowable to spend.

I'd go with that ^^^ sounds good...

DA RUNT

Here's my :twocents: Get a PR 44 housing and build it slowly if need be. or a used rubi 44 front?

Or, take your parts of DANG2 and trade it in for a 10A :thumb:

:like:

liljohn850

Here's my :twocents: Get a PR 44 housing and build it slowly if need be. or a used rubi 44 front?

Or, take your parts of DANG2 and trade it in for a 10A :thumb:

:like:

this option has also been tossed around. I have a STRICT budget Trav... lol that means I'd have an empty housing in my garage... -_-

Rayz

I take it you are doing the install youself?, anyways I am going with a detroit tru trac in front (d30) an eaton elocker in back and 4.88's with install kits, gussets and sleeves and with labor (95/hr) its more like 3500..of course the shop I go to seems to be notorious for over estimating it never comes out to be that much ...

DA RUNT

I take it you are doing the install youself?, anyways I am going with a detroit tru trac in front (d30) an eaton elocker in back and 4.88's with install kits, gussets and sleeves and with labor (95/hr) its more like 3500..of course the shop I go to seems to be notorious for over estimating it never comes out to be that much ...

Better to be over quoted. But ya Johns doing the install himself, unless he holds off til next year and we can do it in Da Slop Shop. My garage name lol

liljohn850

Better to be over quoted. But ya Johns doing the install himself, unless he holds off til next year and we can do it in Da Slop Shop. My garage name lol

that would require my detailer to ANSWER THE FUCKING PHONE... end rant. but yea, doing it myself... I think I'm changing my plan to do the Eaton in the rear.

Rayz

haha I dont mind overestimates either...means I have extra money to buy something else...I think they realize this ;)

liljohn850

This is easy. In order of importance: gears, eatons front and rear and a solid skid system (including diff covers)

What about shafts? I figure it'll be a while before I get a chunk of change to blow so I might skip front shafts and just do rear shafts, gears and a rear locker. And trucklites...

Top Bottom